Seasons Greetings!

I suspect that there is a high level of discouragement around the world as various levels of restrictions are being implemented as the variant is being closely watched. While we likely were living in hope of a “normal” holiday season, in the back of our minds, we knew this was lurking…but really not wanted. In my circle of friends and relatives, there just doesn’t seem to be a lot optimism or desire to “fight”. No one wants the not so “novel zoom meetings” …it is just plain discouraging to go back. Rules, regulations and restrictions are all coming back and weighing heavily.
But, humanity has demonstrated an incredible resiliency to keep getting up and moving through life…and in worse conditions than ours. So, press on, don’t let the downers of the day block your view of the joy filled moments found in the small things that are very precious. Things like companionship, a voice, family, a child’s smile or the four deer 3 meters outside my window right now eating the bird food remind me to just look up and notice the simple good things. We all are in a fight of sorts and I have come to value this community of like-issued folks tremendously. Thank you for your care and input, may you know peace and joy through it all!

2 Likes

And a big Merry Christmas to you too Amos!

It is Christmas Eve here and I am in Isolation - hopefully I will get a negative test result shortly (I am sure the symptoms were from vasculitis, not coronavirus, but with a mum with severe lung problems, need to be :100:%).

No matter, this was the smallest of the three Christmas days my family has planned, so I am sure to get one of the others!

1 Like

Merry Christmas from me too. I don’t tend to get too caught up in needing or wanting to see lots of people - just as well given Covid. :grinning: But I love the slow down of the ‘have to do things’ that the Chrstmas and New Year holiday in the UK permits. I call the time from now until after New Year ‘elastic time’ time to do whatever pleases me without ‘having to do anything’ at all. Time to just slow and relish in the little things. I lost several very dear to me people over Christmas time over the years, so it’s always now a time of reflection for me, a time to remember wonderful and often very funny memories but a time to sort of hunker down and shut out the world if necessary. A time to reset and replenish if you like. It certainly suits me anyhow! So Merry Christmas!

2 Likes