Salonpas - Hip pain

I know a few people have mentioned Salonpas and other topicals for joint pain. I have used them with some success for back pain, and tendon pain in some areas. However, now I am having hip pain, that is centered in the groin. I looked at the ingredients, and clearly there is no way that I am applying those ingredients so close to my privates.

So. . . .Any suggestions on hip pain centered in the groin? If it continues and/or gets worse, I'll have to see the doctor about it. But for now I'm happy to use home care. Oh, and it's both hips. Worse on the right, but both hips. This seems to be a pattern for me.

I have use Salonpas on my groin, the stuff doesn't migrate for what it is worth! That said each persons "landscape is different", mine may be more roomier than yours! I do not use the lotions or arthritis cream in the area as it does migrate. I also use hot baths, whirl pool and NSAID. Rest is a big one too and the hardest to obtain. Good luck with this it is very difficult. Oh and I also rest it in bed (while reading) with a heating pad on it. Good luck with it. I am hoping as my PsA gets under better control it will ease up.

Thanks Michael. I've had hip pain before, where it was clearly in the joint, bad when I started moving, and would work it's way out until I stopped moving. This feels a lot more like the osteoarthritis pain that I have in my wrists. Overall it's dull and seems more localized, and the joints just feel tired out really easily. And the hips feel tight. I'm trying to just stretch them out as well, gently. Not that I'm sure it's helping. I'm already overwhelmed with trying to deal with my hand problems right now. Really not in the mood to have another area rise up as a major problem.

FWIW my doc says NO to any capiscan patch or ointment. She had a patient lose sight in one eye. You can get a script for custom patches and/or creams that don,t carry the risks of capiscan and menthol and are cheaper not to mention more effective. Just talk to a compounding pharmacist for what you want.

Thanks Lamb. I'm going to probably start off with the doctor and go from there. I'll likely wait until later in the week though as I'm going to be traveling for 2 days this week. Ugh. I have to find a compounding pharmacist in my area. I think I know one, but am not 100% certain.

If you can't find a compounding pharmacy in your area call a veterinarian. They use them lots and will know where they are.

thats a tough one. I use salonpas a lot and havent had to on the groin area. my suggestion is using heat therapy like a heat pad that you can microwave so it is warm but not too hot and of course apply it over the clothes. Sorry, this might be a better question for the doc. let us know what works! good luck