PSA and Glaucoma!?!?!?!?!?

Okay so as IF our life hurdles aren't quite enough, there always seems to be more ;)

I am 36 years old and up until 3 years ago was very, very active healthy young mother. Skip ahead to now, on Humira, MTX and Leuflunomide and naproxen ++ to try to control the PSA.

I went to get my prescription renewed for my eyes and low and behold they are noticing changes where my optic nerve joins to my retina- which apparently can be indicative of glaucoma.

My eye pressures are on the upper end of normal. He seemed perplexed because " I was so young". Then I asked if there was a link to glaucoma and AI diseases and he said yes. I gently and respectfully referred him back to ALL the info on my chart that states all my AI diseases and the pharmacy of medications I am on ;)

I wanted to put it out there- does ANYONE else with PSA have glaucoma issues? I know iritis and other inflammation of the eye is common, but this!?!?!?

THanks in advance! Keep up the good fight friends- life is hard, but each day is a gift...

It could also be unrelated. My brother is being treated for glaucoma since about your age. A neighbor of mine had a recent sudden increase in pressure, she had been monitored but not treated. She lost some of her vision, at right about 40 years old.

My point is, definitely look into the possibility that it is medication or AI related, but understand that it can happen at this age range.

Personally, I have had retinal inflammation with no increased pressures, due to PsA.

I do have the beginning of a cataract.. but not glaucoma yet...

ss.. to hear... hope they can do something for it before it progresses

gentle huggs..

Karen

Stoney said:

It could also be unrelated. My brother is being treated for glaucoma since about your age. A neighbor of mine had a recent sudden increase in pressure, she had been monitored but not treated. She lost some of her vision, at right about 40 years old.

My point is, definitely look into the possibility that it is medication or AI related, but understand that it can happen at this age range.

Personally, I have had retinal inflammation with no increased pressures, due to PsA.

My chronic eye inflammation led to glaucoma and vision loss. It was my first symptom of PsA.

I'm not sure if this will help but I posted this recently and thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/related-conditions/uveitis...

UGH--that's a bugger. Sorry to hear you have yet another issue to deal with, no matter whether or not it's related to PsA. I know there's LOTS of good options for glaucoma out there. A dear friend of mine suffers with it and in addition to daily drops he has had tubes implanted to help with pressure. Chin up!