Post injection

So, update…did it again, I injected, had most of the med in and let go if the syringe! I got more than 80% of the meds in but this is the second time I’ve done it! I get so anxious I shake and my hands are weak anyway so I have an extremely hard time injecting :frowning: I need someone to do them for me and not that I don’t trust my hubby, it just makes me nervous to have him do it. My sister did it last time(she lives in OH and I in MA she just was home and she’s a nurse so it was amazing) and really, it was so much better. I don’t know if there is a way to have the humira nurse come back to give hubby a lesson as I can’t do it anymore!! I wonder if I am the only one with this problem. Hopefully I can figure it out before my next injection which happens to be the day I close on my house…it may wait til Saturday that week :slight_smile:

Sounds to me like you need a bit of support from the Humira nurse or a nurse at your doctors practice to give you a bit more confidence while injecting and to train your hubby as back-up. Give the Humira helpline a call and see what they suggest.

In the meantime don't give yourself such a hard time. I've been injecting something (mtx and bios) for pretty much two years on and off, this morning I injected my monthly Simponi dose and made a total hash of it and have my first ever injection site reaction ..... I know it was down to trying to rush it! It happens. It's not the end of the world. Relax and breathe.

Good job! Sometime its easier with a regular syringe....

I have been teaching my grandaughter who is a mental 4 -6 year old with spectrum problems (shes 15) to inject herself. A few weeks back she did a great job poking herself got SOOOOOOO excited she pulled it out before injecting. before I could get a hold of her she got that excited motion only spectrum/special needs kids can get and poke herself 3 or 4 more times. needless to say she got pretty good bruise. The next week she asked pretty please and promised perfect behavior for the rest of her life including double chores etc etc. if I would do it. Unlike my usual self I gave in and did it.

Last night she came into my bedroom and asked if she could shoot last night instead of this morning because her "group is going huckleberry picking tomorrow and she wanted to be at her best.

She did PERFECT. It takes some time but it will come.............

God Bless her Lamb! Wanted to be at her best to pick huckleberries! Too cute! Did she get lots? Are you baking a pie with her?

Itswhatitis if the Humiria nurse or the nurse in your doctor's office aren't able to help you you might try something like VNA or Visiting Nurse Association. We have this in my state, I assume most states do. Your insurance should pick up the cost if you qualify. Give them a call and they can let you know.

Good luck with it. Just breath. It does get easier.

I'm sure they'll come back for another lesson.

I did the same with my second injection of Enbrel, I thought I injected it all but didn't. It takes some getting used to. Take your time.