Positive attitude & self acceptance

I have finally found peace within myself and with my diseases. It has totally changed my outlook on life. Instead of being negative and down and feeling stuck with my lot in life, I have turned my thinking to positive. I now write and have friends visit and potter around the house when I can. Everything happens for a reason and even good things can come from bad things. I just wanted to share that.

I admire u. I would accept this disease if I didn't have the stress of having to continue to work because of the insurance

That great. I admire you for achieving this.

There have been a few discussions over the years that I have been on this site about the importance of dealing with your mind and emotions as well as the disease itself. It seem that doing this is as hard or harder than dealing with the physical manifestations and made harder by personal circumstances such as need to work, age, looking after children or not having supporting family or friends.

However I have seen that when a person can find this acceptance or peace it makes a huge difference no matter what the personal circumstances are. I have seen some people who are able to find it through their own efforts and meditation, others through religious faith, others with the help of a psychologist. No matter how you do it, it is a very important and essential step in being able to live a good, wholesome life with PsA.

For me it has been as important as finding a combination of drugs that help reduce the physical symptoms.

Liked your comment.

Allan said:

That great. I admire you for achieving this.

There have been a few discussions over the years that I have been on this site about the importance of dealing with your mind and emotions as well as the disease itself. It seem that doing this is as hard or harder than dealing with the physical manifestations and made harder by personal circumstances such as need to work, age, looking after children or not having supporting family or friends.

However I have seen that when a person can find this acceptance or peace it makes a huge difference no matter what the personal circumstances are. I have seen some people who are able to find it through their own efforts and meditation, others through religious faith, others with the help of a psychologist. No matter how you do it, it is a very important and essential step in being able to live a good, wholesome life with PsA.

For me it has been as important as finding a combination of drugs that help reduce the physical symptoms.

Love this! For me, learning to accept my limitations has been just as hard as dealing with the pain and fatigue. I am finally starting to learn to enjoy my new life, too. I might not be the skinniest or the neatest, but i am finding a different kind of peace in my life. I don’t anger as quickly. In some ways I think chronic illness brings out something good in us if we can hang in there. It helps that I finally found a medicine that is working and relieving some of my pain. I’m so grateful for the good days!!

Thank you. I agree. It makes a huge difference in how you cope and live. Sometimes you just have to say F it and go with it