Oh What A Night

Oh wait for all of you oldies isn't that a song? You youngies won't remember it. Anyway back to the point. I sometimes get lost in thought.

So I went to dinner with a group of 15 girl friends tonight. Now imagine that, 16 old ladies sitting at a table having a grand old time - it was so much fun!

But the conversion turned to arthritis and all of the cures and old wives tales that will cure it. Now you guys must know I live in the South of the US so some of these cures are crazy! 15 of those ladies were appalled that I was taking "drugs" to help me. Could not believe I had resorted to such silliness when a good old diet and homemade remedies would fix my problems.

So people should I give up my good, clean eating and taking my MTX and Remicade and rely on their ideas?

LOL, sorry, I this thought this attitude was too funny not to share. Oh and by the was when I say old ladies - we are 54 to 58 so not really that old!

LOL! It's amazing what some people think will "cure" arthritis. Most people don't have an understanding of what autoimmune arthritis is or how it functions, so I'm not surprised when people suggest that diet or some other miracle cure will work. It sounds like you found this more entertaining than anything, which I think is a great way to deal with the silliness. :)

Sounds like you had a good time, and didn't get annoyed with the nonsense. Hope you tipped well! Last time I went out with the girls, there was definitely a need to tip the staff well.

I had to explain that I had PsA while at the dentist as I had trouble maneuvering in and out of the chair. The dental assistant recommended I try bee stings. I went on to PT where the tech quizzed me about my condition and then launched into a dissertation on how diet can solve all my problems. I wasn't expecting such suggestions while seeking care from professionals. the general public sure ... ah well, what can you do... mostly I smile and nod. I like your approach of just getting a good chuckle out of it all ;)

Sounds like a fun outing despite the unsolicited advice.

Glad you had a great evening, MAT, despite the detour into arthritis cure-land. My guess is that if any of your friends got the real thing, they’d change their tune pretty fast.
Dandlyons, I had a “professional” commiserate and tell me about the arthritis in his little toe that hurt like a sonofagun. Awwww…and then he explained how the pain had, tragically, thrown his stance off and wrecked his golf swing. I wept in sympathy. NOT. LOL

MAT,

I just want you to know that I cannot get the song out of my head now.

Every time I come to the discussions, I see your title and ... rats! Oh what a night ....

Right there with you!

Late December back in '63 ...

dandlyons said:

MAT,

I just want you to know that I cannot get the song out of my head now.

Every time I come to the discussions, I see your title and ... rats! Oh what a night ....

Well then, I am extremely allergic to bee stings, I carry an EpiPen with me at all times, does she have a better suggestion? LOL, these suggestions just kill me, or perhaps literally could! Love it!

dandlyons said:

I had to explain that I had PsA while at the dentist as I had trouble maneuvering in and out of the chair. The dental assistant recommended I try bee stings. I went on to PT where the tech quizzed me about my condition and then launched into a dissertation on how diet can solve all my problems. I wasn't expecting such suggestions while seeking care from professionals. the general public sure ... ah well, what can you do... mostly I smile and nod. I like your approach of just getting a good chuckle out of it all ;)

Sounds like a fun outing despite the unsolicited advice.

I just want to know what happened in '63, I was 8, did I miss out on something? LOL

Oh we tipped very well, they quite deserved the tip they got! I was a waitress in college for about 2 weeks before I thru a drink in someone's face and ended my waitress career so I know these people deserve every tip they get! By the way I quit before I could get fired - even though he deserved it - I was quite hot in my younger days! Tee hee!

Stoney said:

Sounds like you had a good time, and didn't get annoyed with the nonsense. Hope you tipped well! Last time I went out with the girls, there was definitely a need to tip the staff well.

Frankie Valli did something in Dec of 1963 but this is a family friendly site....

My wife and sister have sung that song every time they have gotten together (its not pretty the dog doesn't howl - he runs and hides) since we went to a Fours Seasons Concert in Vegas almost 40 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5avtHEFVvs

MAT said:

I just want to know what happened in '63, I was 8, did I miss out on something? LOL

Thanks for the flashback on memory lane! YouTube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrp9RLVAUgs&feature=youtube_gdata

And why can I recall the tune and some if the lyrics to this song, but I can’t remember why I walked in to the kitchen?