New sympyoms?

OK do something new here. The past 2 day my hands and feet have been very swollen. OK so not new, but what about the pain and the crazy ithching. I cannot stop scratching. Am I reacting to a med or what? Never, ever had this before. Calling my doc tomorrow but anybody have a suggestion before I see her?

What meds are you on?? When I had a reaction to Remicade my feet itched. And I don't just don't mean itched like a normal itch. It was a maddening gonna scratch my feet off kinda itch. In fact, I ended up the next day in the ER because of it. Not saying that's your problem. But it's possible it was a med reaction.

Definitely call your doctor this morning. What's interesting is it's possible that the itching is secondary, as a result of the swelling. But it could also be a side effect. Let us know what you figure out.

I was taken sulphazadine which made me itch in the end i had to stop taking it. so it could be your medications.

Thanks for your responses. I guess I just immediately jumped to the conclusion that my symptoms were something new of this disease. For those of you who don't know me, I travel extensively for my job. I have been out of town for the past 3 weeks and have stayed in 6 different hotels. While part of me is extremely embarrassed my problem is not something I have or did. I unfortunately picked up a "little parasite" and brought it home with me - bed bugs - that made themselves at home on my feet and hands. The two places I have the most problems with for my PSA. After spending the past 2 days having my house exterminated, washing all of my sheets/towels/clothes, sending bed covers to the cleaners, cleaning my carpets and totally disinfecting my house, luggage and briefcase I think we are all in the clear. I think the hotels should help me with medical expenses, extermination fees and just plain exhaustion for all the house cleaning - LOL. Just a side note, I only stay in Hilton chains, Marriotts or Holiday Inns - so not sketchy places - this can happen anywhere. I know I need to realize that not everything that happens to me is from the disease but can be other factors as well and I need to learn not to jump to a conclusion. Lesson learned Mary Anne, get your facts straight before thinking the worst, promise to do better!

LOL, MAT!
I do the same thing. If its weird, it must be PsA! We have to be more careful to stop blaming it for everything. It’s just so easy to do because most of the time it is guilty as charged!

MAT said:

Thanks for your responses. I guess I just immediately jumped to the conclusion that my symptoms were something new of this disease. For those of you who don't know me, I travel extensively for my job. I have been out of town for the past 3 weeks and have stayed in 6 different hotels. While part of me is extremely embarrassed my problem is not something I have or did. I unfortunately picked up a "little parasite" and brought it home with me - bed bugs - that made themselves at home on my feet and hands. The two places I have the most problems with for my PSA. After spending the past 2 days having my house exterminated, washing all of my sheets/towels/clothes, sending bed covers to the cleaners, cleaning my carpets and totally disinfecting my house, luggage and briefcase I think we are all in the clear. I think the hotels should help me with medical expenses, extermination fees and just plain exhaustion for all the house cleaning - LOL. Just a side note, I only stay in Hilton chains, Marriotts or Holiday Inns - so not sketchy places - this can happen anywhere. I know I need to realize that not everything that happens to me is from the disease but can be other factors as well and I need to learn not to jump to a conclusion. Lesson learned Mary Anne, get your facts straight before thinking the worst, promise to do better!

Oh dear MAT,

Sorry you had to go through that, but I think its easy for us to believe all ills are connected to PsA

Glad you're now bug free............its making me itch just thinking about it lol

Good luck with the cleaning and recovery process. What a hassle!