New Rhuemy is awesome!

It was well worth the drive of 2 1/2 hours. She spent about 2 hours with me. She explained the options and pretty much shared her process of diagnosing. It helped so much. If any of the other docs would have talked me through it, I would have understood and would have stayed with them. This is the first Rhuemy that seemed like a real person that you could talk to. Probably a rarity.

She is requesting my xrays so she can check for PsA in my neck and back. She said a lot of things that I have read about PsA; instead of referring to facts about RA.

Bottom line— I feel trust in this person, as well as feeling included in the decision making process.

I find the drive well worth it in my case. To have your Rheumy you can count on saves so much time and frustration in the long run.

Glad this happened for you both Sybil and Cheryl. Sometimes it feels as if no one "gets you". Isn't it a relief to have a Rheumy who does?

Thanks Sybil and Michael, I’m glad for you both also!

sybil said:

Wonderful Cherokee!

That’s pretty much how I felt about my new rheumy back in January - "like a very big and important box was finally ticked and I could move forward. As it happens it’s a long drive for me too, but so worth it to have a rheumy who inspires trust.

I'm so glad you found a great rheumy! It makes all the difference when battling this disease.

Thanks Marietta!

Marietta said:

I’m so glad you found a great rheumy! It makes all the difference when battling this disease.