Need a GOOD rhumy in Knoxville, TN

Hello and Help!

I have had the rash on and off for 5 years and now but it always went alway. I now suffer with joint pain in many of my joints and the pain is severe along with fatigue, and a rash that is spreading like wild fire. I am a ICU nurse prior to moving to Knoxville but unable to work presently. I was diagnosed with PSA 30 days ago by a Rhumy in Knoxville. He put me on Mobic, and Sulfasalazine 500mg twice a day. I am allergic to Sulfa but he brushed me off and prescribed it anyway. Two weeks into the treatment I am itching like crazy and getting worse with pain and the rash. The doctor spends a great deal of my apt time patting himself on the back and showing me his wonderful lab work. He ignored the pain and rash at my second visit and compared my labs with his outstanding labs. He is concerned about my high cholesterol. I believe he got the diagnosis correct but the treatment is wrong for me. I fell like I am dying slowly, am 49 with a 12 year old to raise. I am also on doxycycline as I tested positive for Lyme with both tests. Being a nurse I need a doctor who will allow me to participate in my care which is known as listening.

I spent the summer taking care of my mother, working on my masters degree on line and the stress and lack of sleep put me in the ditch. My mother died in July and my body began to attack itself along with the brain fog. I was also mis diagnosed with SLE in 2004.

I will try to see my doc about the allergy tomorrow but I know it will not go well and need a new doctor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tippy

It’s miserable when you don’t have faith in your docs. Been there! Here’s a suggestion: go to the Members page and search TN. See whether there are any members in your part of the state who are positive about their docs. Ask them who they can recommend.

I contacted the psorasis foundation and they gave me top doctors in the Memphis area when I was looking for a new dermatologist. I wanted one that stayed current with the meds and went to conferences and stuff. Maybe that is a way for you to find a new rhumey. I use to live in Knoxville so I will email some of my friends and see what names they come up with.

Thank you!

I will contact them. I have searched the area and there are several docs it's just hard to know which one is best and time is ticking.

Rebel mom said:

I contacted the psorasis foundation and they gave me top doctors in the Memphis area when I was looking for a new dermatologist. I wanted one that stayed current with the meds and went to conferences and stuff. Maybe that is a way for you to find a new rhumey. I use to live in Knoxville so I will email some of my friends and see what names they come up with.