My story and where to go from here

I was diagnosed with PsA in October/November 2011. This diagnosis followed a misdiagnosis of shingles. I was involved in an auto accident and developed a small rash in the center of my back (where I cannot see). This rash has NEVER gone away. Later I did some research and discovered that it is common for trauma to trigger what I call the demons of the disease. Prior to the accident I was jogging 5 miles a day and enjoying my new found fitness program. Now today I struggle some days to walk. My affected joints are: toes on my left foot, both ankles, both knees my right hip is real bad, my right hand,low back, left elbow and both shoulders. I work full time as a medical assistant and phlebotomist. I am totally understanding to my patients who suffer from any autoimmune disorder. Over the past month I have been trying to figure out a way that I can stop working (which is so out of character for me). I feel like the few good days I have I spend working then I am to tired or in too much pain to do anything.

Medicatios I have tried include: MTX not tolerated at all; Meloxicam allergic reaction; enbrel worked amazingly well but again allergic reaction including drug rash, fever, muscle aches, shortness of breath; humira injections are painful and not helpful for me; prednisone 20mg daily for over a year, current meds include celebrex daily, ibuprofen 800 mg prn, stelara just did my second injection today. Praying for relief.

Hurtsallover, welcome to the PsA forum. I hope you find this a good place for support. One of the first things I recommend to new members is the PsA book in Book Reviews (above). It’s written for a lay audience, but it is in-depth enough that I think that you might well find it interesting. I gifted my GP with a copy, and she liked it very much.
I hope Stelara hits the spot for you, and you can go back to enjoying your life and your important work.
I’m glad you found us, but sorry you had to come looking!

Welcome! This is a great group of folks - some who have been dealing with PsA for years, and some who have just been diagnosed. I find it really interesting to read through old threads because there is Just.So.Much information included in them! The moderators are all really kind (and knowledgeable), and everyone who participates in the discussions have something really great to add. Most importantly, there are a whole bunch of people here in one place that really "get" what you are going through. It is so nice to have a sounding board to bounce ideas/concerns off of without having to go through the whole explanation of the disease, "no...it really isn't all in my head" etc. Can't say enough good things about this place. Saved my sanity for sure!