My journey with enbrel

Hello,

Today I started enbrel. After years of ibuprofen, my symptoms got much worse. I then tried mtx for 3 months with no results. So today I went t dr office to get my first shot. It was in my abdomen. No pain at all. It was a bit unnerving to give myself a shot but Im sure Ill get used to it.

Ive read a bunch of personel experiences with enbrel, so I know results vary quit a bit. However, Im placing allot of hope in enbrel. Im not taking mtx with the enbrel by the way. My big symptoms are upper spine and neck, rib cage, sternum. Pain and stiffness. I also have tendon involvement in hips, shoulders and jaw. Plus a thumb and a few toes.

Its horrible. Sleep is a nightmare. Cant move at all without pain.

Im taking 3200mg of ibuprofen a day. It scares the crap out of me. Im hoping the enbrel will allow me to stop the nsaids. Is that a reasonable expectation?

So Ill keep updating this post with my results. Wish me luck.

Good luck! I had my first enbrel injection last Wednesday so I understand your hopes for the future.

Ive been on Enbrel since December... it has done wonders for me..... I do have some other issues.. but I dont have pain constantly... so it is like night and day.. if you would like to add me as a friend.. I will give you more information...

Sincerely

Karen

Did you use the Sureclick? Or did you use the actual needle?

Hi chris - I used the needle. It really wasnt bad at all.