Motivation

I am feeling constantly tired, aching all over, back, feet. Pain. I have put on a lot of weight and really need to shed some kilos (actually lots of kilos) but can’t seem to get motivated, scared of more pain - any suggestions?

Go to a warm pool if you can. I've found I can do a lot more in a pool than on land. Everything else made me flare, but in the pool I have to work hard hard not to overdo it!

Thank you Marietta that’s a good idea - heat does help with pain, I constantly use heat bags

Hello. I don't know what to tell you, but I will tell you that I have within the last 8 months lost 42 pounds and and I do feel much better - I am a new person. Maybe like you or maybe not like you, I don't know, but I thought I couldn't do it. I had lots of excuses. Not being able to exercise because of the pain, not wanting to watch my diet because I felt miserable, I had a million of excuses, I hurt a lot and and I do have disfigurement in my hands and left foot from this disease and it was uncomfortable to me for anyone to work with me. But you know what, I made the decision to get over it and work it, Ok I had the best excuse, my daughter was getting married and hell was going to freeze over before her stepmother looked better that me at the wedding. And just so you all know, I won! And that is what you have to do. Find a goal and work towards it. As hard as it seems, work thru the pain to the level you can, don't overdo! Don't ever overdo! I don't want this disease to own me, I want to own it. I am trying everything that these people on this board offer and suggest. Because they may know something I don't because I am sorta new to all this. These guys have great ideas and suggestions and I suggest that you read and reasearch all of them. People on this borad have offered me so much in the 3 weeks I have been a member, I am better. I hope you will too, Thoughts and prayers to you.

Thanks, mat my daughter is also getting married this year so I do have a goal, thanks for the motivation. How did you start on you exercise journey?