Methotrexate and Enbrel

I guess I will have to do some research. I feel well hydrated despite taking Enbrel, mtrxt and pain meds. I drink about a gallon of water a day which puts me a shade over the 1/2 oz/# minimum so maybe I'm not as short as I first thought. Fortunately i see my Rheumy next week H2O intake requirements will be discussed for sure. Regardless of how this disease progresses I continue to learn that the more I learn the less I know. Thank you for your help.

You are likley close the other number they throw around is to add 4 -6 liters/day. I go by the pee test. if there is ANY color, then I'm short

1 Like

About dehydration - most people without chronic illness are clinically chronically dehydrated. There is no harm in increasing the amount of water you drink a bit to see if it helps you feel better.

Lamb ... my doctor told me to go by the pee test - then I reminded him I'm on mega-doses of B vitamins and he laughed. ;)

I had terribly dry eyes for years to the point of trying Restasis and numerous other dry eye remedies to keep my eyeballs from drying up at night! Would love to wear contacts but it's miserably painful and irritating, so I gave up and appreciate my glasses every day. I quit drinking RED wine and it got a lot better, but now that I know dry eyes is a PsA symptom, I've learned that alcohol of any kind will make the dry eyes and redness worse... Just adding a little info in the event it helps..

1 Like