Knee replacement

Has anyone had A knee replacement and still have problems with it 1 yr later? Mine is still looking bruised , swelled and alot of pain .still not able to walk very far with it .

Hi,

not a year later, 7 yrs later...LOL

Never brusing...but pain, and swelling

and ortho/knee doctor says, we can still have a flare in a knee replacement

they synovial lining grows back

to determine what was wrong, they did a cat scan, with metal suppresion, or a nuclear bone scan of the knee

what does your ortho say?..if your not satisfied, get another opinion

take care!

tkrlady said:

Hi,

to determine what was wrong, they did a cat scan, with metal suppresion, or a nuclear bone scan of the knee

take care!

My ortho don't say much of anything,before I even had it done he told me I will need another one, not sure it is due to my age ( 46 ). at the follow-up visit he had the film on tv screen that was from the first 2 week check-up , this check-up was 8-9 months later ,comes in a hurry say's everything is great did not even look at screeen . I reminded him that that was not a current x-ray,says oh let us get a x-ray ( had no insurance at this time) comes back in yeah eveyrthing is great,see ya in a year. My PCP even says you can clearly see the swelling and the dark looking bruising look all around knee sight . I have total strangers tell me that it looks terrible and can clearly see the enlarged side . still unable to take walks or anything , I was hoping the surgery would fix that.how wrong that's been.sorry for rambling on and on feels good to talk to someone about it.

janice said:

tkrlady said:

Hi,

take care!

My ortho don't say much of anything,before I even had it done he told me I will need another one, not sure it is due to my age ( 46 ). at the follow-up visit he had the film on tv screen that was from the first 2 week check-up , this check-up was 8-9 months later ,comes in a hurry say's everything is great did not even look at screeen . I reminded him that that was not a current x-ray,says oh let us get a x-ray ( had no insurance at this time) comes back in yeah eveyrthing is great,see ya in a year. My PCP even says you can clearly see the swelling and the dark looking bruising look all around knee sight . I have total strangers tell me that it looks terrible and can clearly see the enlarged side . still unable to take walks or anything , I was hoping the surgery would fix that.how wrong that's been.sorry for rambling on and on feels good to talk to someone about it.

Hi Janice...I know..it feels good to talk to someone about it..u can send me a message too. Been trying to reply, and it won't work, i guess i got do it this way with above stuff quoted, new system?

I was 48 with first new knee, 3 yrs after RA diagnose....but i did fall on that knee, when i was young, the Left one, the first one

There is a girl Caitlin Ryan, on Arthritis Foundation, she is maybe 14 now, had her hips replaced at age 12, has juvenile arthritis....she was featured on Dr.Manny on FOx news, and has been a advocate for a cure, at Washington DC, hearings...our hero!

I get whats called ostelysis..make sure it's not osteitis...thats another thing, besides, osteopororosis, and osteoarthritis, too much for me, all these words!

it loosened my knee, a component, plastic piece came loose with some bone, 7 yrs later

but my rheummy gave me a ortho/knee doc that does revisions...he is great

i have ran into so many orthos..one that did the right knee, wouldnt revise the left, said it's a hour job , new knee, not worth his time ( and money prob) revising it, it's nothis work

well the other dr.Weber, did a beautiful revision for me, ( the name the rheummy gave)..inside stiches, super glue, no staples..and on and on...the 2009 revision...some of the younger ortho's are taught revisions

i started with that nuclear bone scan, thats how they saw it was loose...def get another opinion, research these docs....teaching hospital docs are the best...but so are bedside manners, huh?

i got swelling on mine now...Dr Weber in Illinois, i saw last month, he will watch this left knee every 6 months..he said brace it

it has a prob with a small part, ,,they forwarded his findings to my rheummy..i will get that report he mailed her when i see her end of the month..it might need a repair, not another total knee

it's visibly swollen, outter part of knee..like puffy in sections..so i am wearing my 4 inch wide Ace bandage, and it's helping

but i never had bruising color

did they ever suggest doing a Doppler, ultrsound on that knee?....not to scare you, prob not, what do i know?and we aren't doctors, just throwing this outa

had one done after one total knee, about a month later, lookign for clot..was negative

please don't give up, write all this down, dates and times it happens, get another opinion, and even let your PCP pursue this further?

no reason to suffer like this..you can send me a PM ( messsage if you want)

I have had a few docs like yours, and arrogant..after a eyar, that knee should have felt wonderful...how is the bend?..ok?

my swelling, well it's been 7 yrs, is on outer edge..but remember Dr.Weber, says i can still get a flare in a total knee..the synovial lining grew back

take care..keep in touch

Janice, there is a knee replacement forum....gotta find the info...been years

others might have had similar probs will get it later!

so sorry you are having so much trouble with your knees. I have 2 TKRs right one is fab left one I get tendonitis and have nerve pain. Definitely go back and demand some attention. I was 49 and had them both replaced at 52. good luck