Kinda frustrated with my Rhumey

So.......I am seeing a rhumey and I really like him he is very easy to talk to and seems like he is listening to everything i say so when I met with him a weeks ago and expressed that since starting Humira my fatigue has gotten so bad I cant function and the severe headache that I always now have, I am always sick to my stomach, I now have indigestion all the time, and Im starting to feel a bit down and out more that ever before, I thought maybe he would have a bit more insight however I was told to start taking b complex vitamin and we would see at the next visit well 4 weeks later and i feel the same, Not sure if anyone has any advice or not kinda just wanted to vent for a bit

Amanda

Not a lot of advice, but what your experiencing is not normal for Humira but is for B deficiency. What other drugs are you taking?

It takes time and the Docs measure progress from their exam (ie change in the inflamation they feel range of motion etc.) They have to evaluate what one drug is doing before changing/adding. A 4 week recheck means he's still working on it.

Oh yes, I hear you, amueller, but stick with the rheumy for a bit longer. He's listening, and, like tnt says, he's working on it. The trouble with this disease is that there are so many variables, and change/improvement happen slowly. So frustrating.

Keep calm and carry on ...

Hugs, Amanda! Like the others said - there are so many thing going on with our bodies and so many things that it could be, that many rheumys will try everything they can short of taking you off a drug before taking you off a drug. B vitamin supplementation can often help with chronic headaches and nausea, especially in people with autoimmune inflammatory diseases, as B vitamin deficiency is common in people with PsA and other autoimmune inflammatory diseases. For me, chronic headache and nausea is a signal to me to up my B vitamin supplementation for a while - usually when I'm sick or on a new med.

I hope you find something that works for your headaches soon. I'd give the rheumy a call if headaches aren't better in a week or two, especially if they're debilitating rather than just annoying.

I am on Humira, mtx and tramadol for pain as needed, i also take a multi vitamin and fish oil along with b complex and folic acid,

I know he knows whats best and is doing everything he can, I guess maybe I just havent fully accepted that this is a life long fight and not just something that will go away with time....Thanks!

tntlamb said:

Not a lot of advice, but what your experiencing is not normal for Humira but is for B deficiency. What other drugs are you taking?

It takes time and the Docs measure progress from their exam (ie change in the inflamation they feel range of motion etc.) They have to evaluate what one drug is doing before changing/adding. A 4 week recheck means he's still working on it.