Just take the drugs

...... that's if you want to, of course, but don't underestimate what they're probably doing for you. Not sure how many times I've mentioned that I have very little pain, once or twice maybe? Okay, possibly 50 + times. I was really rather pleased about that! I wonder how many of you thought 'oh yeah, for now'?

Pain was creeping in anyway. Then I stopped Leflunomide & Sulfasalazine because they're not doing enough for me & in preparation for starting Humira. And I'm back on Mtx but it takes its time. Meanwhile I'm hurting in joints I didn't know I had, pretty much 24/7. It's not wretched pain but it grinds me down. And whilst I'm not seriously fatigued I am getting tired even more easily than usual, in fact I momentarily fell asleep while standing up brushing my teeth the other night - that's a first! I now know that I can use an electric toothbrush while sleeping - not much point in me staying awake, really.

I've heard many of you say that the DMARDs can be doing a lot more than we realise, even if the overall result doesn't pass muster. But I never realised just how much they were doing for me - this is truly an endurance test. But one I can handle, I think anyway, especially as I fully expect Mtx to help me out once it kicks in.

Sybil, I can so relate! I have a high pain tolerance, and I’ve come to realize that it’s not that I don’t feel the pain, but that I can function with it. Well, kind of function. The thing is, it still grinds me down and makes me short tempered and tired. I remember quitting my DMARDs in prep for surgery last year – I was so glad to get rid of the mtx … for the first two weeks and only then did I gain an appreciation for what it was doing for me.

Hang in there, get through this, and hope for the best with the Humira.

Hi. I had to stop my Humira, due to shoulder and hand surgery. I have been without it a month. This last week my joints, low back, knees and fingers are starting ti flare up. Especially noticed that I am getting stiff again if I sit to long. Luckily the psoriasis has not flared, but scalp is starting to get itchy. Waiting for my Humira order to arrive, no that I get to start again
Deb

Sorry you’re in pain, S. Not fun at all. It amazes me how much fatigue it creates. I often don’t notice the pain but I can’t miss the fatigue. Then I have to stop and assess what’s going on. I hope for a speedy switch to Humira for you.

I hear you, sybil! I didn't think Enbrel was doing much until I had to go off it to switch to Remicade. Then I didn't think the Remicade was doing as much as it was until I had to go off of it for liver and other testing. It was CRAZY the difference, even when it didn't give full relief.