Just so you know, I have bad days too

And this was one of them.

Catching hell from a Doc who went to school with your kids is bad enough. And while I was expecting a lecture on the weight I gained over the winter (about 10#s) I didn't realize my pharmacist would rat on me for filling my Predi-scrip (I guess it was a coupla years old) nor did I think the NP at the "discount doctor" (the walk-in at Albertsons) would rat on me for getting a shot of torodol (I have several pre-written scripts from my PCP) Anyway she was loaded for bear when I walked in and I was the bear...... I've got a red sticker on my chart which means she will personally call back at first opportunity if I call. She noted I never called. She took my blood pressure to confirm it was as high as the nurse said (169 /102) - it was: normal for me 102/68.

She then went on to tell me I was grounded and I was lucky that was all I was getting. She has been suspecting for quite a while, she was loosing control, and that I was staring to get organ involvement. The echo they did next door confirmed it. I'm back into heart failure. I then spent an hour in the lab where they drilled for blood.

She then decided to admit me to start what she calls my new primary DX "toxic medication management" Any way we came to an agreement, I promised to "call next time." I'm starting MTX tonight. As soon as I finish my Enbrel (just got a new supply, an didn't want to waste it) I'll be starting the biologic of HER choice, I had to call in sick from the exam room and give her my tablet, call my wife and have her hide my lap top and give her my brewfest tickets for this weekend, and lastly report to Cardiac rehab Monday. My cardiologist belongs to the tasting club (scotch) and has been alerted to take action if I show up. This disease is more than pain ( I had some of that too but figured it was weather) and we forget that from time to time

So how was your day?

Oh my tntLamb, you have spies everywhere reporting on your misbehavior ! I hope you get everything under control soon and I'm sorry you're going to miss the brewfest or were you just humoring the doc?

Seriously, I hope everything gets sorted out quickly for you,

Frances

Uh oh Lamb...looks like you've been caught and caught good! Too many ppl connected can do that, I know how that is.

Take care, behave yourself cause we really like having you around you know.

Hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Alma

Spies all over. Sometimes that's not such a bad thing. I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch, and with organ involvement as well. That's really something to take quite seriously. Wishing you the best!

Oh Lamb I am sorrrry for you but happy for me- it's good to know you are human too! But seriously I hope you get straightened around quickly, at least in time for the next brewfest. You are in my thoughts and prayers although I would bet the good Lord knows all about you! I hope you feel better.

I'm sorry that you had such a bad day! :( I'm not sure I understand all that you went through, but I hope you get better soon!

Hope you feel better soon! Take care and let us know how you are doing

Lamb! I hope you had at least a little fun because it sounds like it’s over for a while. Please take care now.

Ugh not good not good at all,get better soon,keep your spirits up.

Oh, Lamb, I’m so sorry.
Take very, very good care.
Seenie

Take care of yourself!

Lamb, your support and knowledge is very much appreciated on this site. Rest up and take care of yourself, like you would suggest to any of us. Feel better soon

Lamb, I hope you are feeling well today - just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.

Frances

I have to agree with Never Give Up Hope! What I have learned from this community and your wisdom is invaluable. Take care and will be thinking about you in the following days.

I also value your wisdom and humor. I sounded glib in my previous post which is not how I feel. I am rooting for you Lamb.

Hi Lamb, how are you feeling?

Frances

Hey lamb, I’ll do a separate post on how my day was, but most importantly, we need to know you are back (or at least still here)!

It would be a tragedy if I had to be the tough guy (or maybe Seenie!) , I’m not sure I’ve he’d enough training…

The bad , bad women have taken all of my electronic toys away, I'm down to my cell phone which unknown to my wife NOW has a data package (its not a smart phone) far from getting rested, I'm going nuts. This is all pure revenge. There was an incident YEARS ago involving my daughter, the pharmacist, and the NP, and one other girl that lead to a woodshed meeting for all. being the only Dad present, I was elected buy the moms to get to the bottom of things..... (at least thats my theory)

Tonight starts the MTX. Started the beta blockers over the weekend. I'll be checking in.

Thanks all.

Take care lamb, you are such a tower of strength to us all…now take care of yourself for a change and be a good boy?! Ok, scratch the last bit! Lol x

my day was better than yours. Things will improve TNT good health to you.