Just joined - question on Remicade

Hanging in there SK! I took the methotrexate yesterday and am wiped out today - only happens occasionally! It is a beautiful day outside and all I can think of is the bed! Haven't started the remicade yet - have to get my chest xray done and wait for some labs to come back. How are things with you?

SK said:

How are you feeling Mary?

Hello Mary, I just took my second infusion of Remicade. At first I was very worried about it. But not any more. This drug is my miracle. It has given me my life back. I am moving around smoothly. I was on Methotrexate & enbrel, neither of which did anything for me. But after the first infusion, initially I was very tired. That lasted two days. On the third day it was such an amazing transformation. So if your doctor wants to put you on it I would suggest you give it a try. Best of luck to you. Please keep us updated.

Hi Mary, sorry you are on the 'drag' end right now, the infusion should turn that around for you. Like Elizabeth, I am feeling the benefit of mine too. When it kicks in, you are just amazed! I can only wish such good things come your way too! It is great to have it to look forward to, believe me! Jump in to our discussions when you can, it is always great to hear from you! We want you to feel at home here! Best to you!

Mary said:

Hanging in there SK! I took the methotrexate yesterday and am wiped out today - only happens occasionally! It is a beautiful day outside and all I can think of is the bed! Haven't started the remicade yet - have to get my chest xray done and wait for some labs to come back. How are things with you?

SK said:

How are you feeling Mary?

I have been on Remicade for a yr and it is AMAZING.. Because of my insurance I took MTX for only 2-3 months and then to Remicade.. My ins wouldn't pay for Humira or Embrel.. I have such amazing results.. and I sure hope you do to!!!

This is great news, for Mary and for so many others. Glad to share your success! Thanks believer! Rock on!!

Thank you SK! To be honest I joined this group so I would have people who understood what I was going through (which is true) I was hoping to find more people with great results.. I guess for now, I'll be the cheerleader! LOL

Good for you, I can jump in and cheer for Enbrel at 7 weeks, just starting with some great results! I think Elizabeth and nym can join in with you too on the Remicade! Liz did a blog that it's her new best friend, and though nym is on vacation, sometimes she can go without wheelchair or cane, so you aren't the only cheerleader, they just feel so good, hopefully, they are out having some fun, but will be back with the gang soon! Look around, join in the discussions, and blogs, or start one of your own! You're one of the gang, get to know everyone! You'll love 'em!