I'm New just Diagnosed with PsA

I'm New just Diagnosed with PsA in September I have patches all over and last May I got a trigger finger and and a painful left wrist and thumb since then planters patches for lack of a better word it feels like I'm walking on glass at times WOW.... its in both shoulders & right knee and spreading fast also have it in my nails. My Rumi is putting me on ENBREL was approved yesterday I don't do well with a lot of different med's so I do a lot of research.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. scary !!

Lanny

Glad to hear that the doctor is getting right on top of medication. My key suggestion is just to realize that it can take time for the meds to work, and/or to find the right combination of meds. but you're beginning treatment, so you are on the right path.

There is tons of information available here, but remember, none of it medical advice.

Good luck with the Enbrel. Hopefully it will be the right medication of you. Most seem to tolerate it very well.

Welcome!

Thanks guys I may have to hold off on the meds I have a boil that got infected Doc had to lance it, this is the 3rd time in the last couple years I hope its not streptococcus It's what it was the last time but I'm starting to feel bad.

Antibiotics for you! Then Enbrel? If it keeps getting infected and they remove it instead of remodeling it and draining it? Might be a discussion to have.

I hope the infection clears up for you soon! I react badly to lots of meds, but didn't have any issues with Enbrel, which surprised me!

Hi Lanny, Glad you're here. It's a big adjustment when first diagnosed. At least it was for me.

I am the same....I do a lot of research. I hope things go well for you on that medication. We're always here to listen and share our experiences :)

yah !! in 2010 was a bad one in the middle was a large blood vain nobody would touch it so they started from the back of it and removed it, Yes it would be a good discussion :-)

GrumpyCat said:

Antibiotics for you! Then Enbrel? If it keeps getting infected and they remove it instead of remodeling it and draining it? Might be a discussion to have.

Welcome cmalanny..so glad you found this site. I know you are frightened right now but sounds like you have some good control going on already. Yes, things are going to be different for you, but look at it this way. You have already been in pain for some time and at least now you know why it hurts. Knowledge is power but it pays to find a good batch of humor in the mix. Focus on knowing you are going in the right direction and you are strong, willing and able to go on with your dailies to the best of your ability. Some days those abilities may not be the same and that is ok as well.

Cheer up.... I walked on glass all last year and then one day I woke up and the glass was gone -nice twist to my toes now however. This year it's in my fingers. I'm going for the record here and hoping to do both legs at once next year :) LOL you know... get it over sooner that way.

You have to learn to laugh at it because it really can be ridiculous on the symptom count some days and others... not so much! XXX and :)