I thought meds were not working

I’ve been on Enbrel twice a week & methotrexate,well last visit with DR we decided it wasn’t working well enough.I’m starting Remicade soon so I didn’t re-order any more injections,insurance has taking longer than usual so instead of my usual 6 injections in the last 3 weeks I’ve had 3 and wouldn’t you know it I have so much pain right now :frowning: It’s clearly correct that you don’t know how well things are working till you stop taking them. Blah stupid disease. Hopefully I start Remicade this week.

I know. I've been in that situation, where I was SURE meds weren't doing anything. Then I had a treatment gap for some reason and boom! The meds were obviously doing *something*.

Hope you get your Remicade soon!!

Hey Linsey, Isn't that the truth! I've been on Enbrel for years. Whenever I go without it I get a real nice reminder of how much it actually works!

I too was gonna try remicade. I quickly changed my mind when I found out it could cost up to 120k a year! My insurance would cover it but.....Anyway, if you can, ask your doctor for a sample of enbrel or if you should just order a refill. I hear it can take months for preauth. on the remicade. Hell, if you get desperate I'll mail you a couple of mine!