I now believe my Rhuemy is a quack

This made me chuckle Lonestar! Thanks for the testimony.

lonestarsally said:

I would argue that a vegan diet is not a cure for PsA. I have been a very strict vegan since November, 2011, and I was diagnosed with PsA less than a month ago. The first symptoms appeared after I switched to vegan. The psoriasis on my scalp, which I have had since I was 8, has become significantly worse while I have been a vegan. While I am wholeheartedly convinced that a vegan diet is a healthy choice, or I would not have given up foods that I truly enjoy, I think I am a testament to the fact that it is not a cure. I realize that one case is not a big enough sample size to draw any conclusions, but at the same time I haven’t seen any randomized controlled trials that have shown a significant difference between people with PsA on a traditional diet versus those on a vegan diet (although now I am going to look more closely at the literature). I have also been gluten free for six years, so that hasn’t prevented PsA in my case either. I sometimes think that the only advantage it gives me is if some whacked out medical professional tells me that I need to eat a vegan diet because it will cure my PsA I can say that I’ve been there, done that, and it doesn’t work.

What a great prescription. You gave her better advice than the Doctor did. :)

tntlamb said:

Don't you just hate it when the well goes out???? So what do you do when it does? You call well the guy.......

If I were you, I would go see a Doctor about your PsA. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer than you did for a well guy. :-) :-)

In the mean time throw a T-Bone on the barbecue and a crack a cold one.

My friend is the same way she eats lot's of veggies and hardly no meat, she also juices too. She thinks it is the cure all for every disease. that if we all ate like that, there would not be so much illness in the world.

Hasn't it been "proven" that kale causes all diseases known to mankind, and chocolate ice cream is the cure?

Louise, I believe you are correct. :-)

LOL! Louise! Even vanilla! W/caramel…!

It sounds more like an allergic reaction to the Sulfasalazine and I wouldn't take it anymore. As far as your "clinical findings" tell him to wear your shoes and come back in a month and see what he wants to do with himself. Unfortunately, in my experience, there are sooo many drug seekers out there that the good suffer b/c of the bad. Hang in there, the bottom can't stay out too long. Wishing you luck and praying for you some relief!

Oh, and as far as diet, in some ways it CAN help! I noticed certain foods induced flare ups. After a visit to my asthma/allergy doc and a couple labs being done, turns out I am allergic to those foods......So I don't say vegan but maybe try a journal and see if you see any commonalities. Good luck!!