Crazy Azz Things Docs Say

So its been done elsewhere but we should have our own version here for PsA. So what is the most crazy az thing you have ever heard a doc say (no names please)

At the top of my list: "Your knee can't possibly be sore from PsA. You don't have any psoriasis over it!"

"Do you think you could be pregnant?" Check the chart, doc, I'm 5 years post-hysterectomy.

YES, A vegan diet will cure your arthritis. There is irrefutable evidence!

While looking at a couple of toes affected with classic dactylitis, "These are pink and warm, so that doesn't mean anything. Make an appointment if they turn hot and red."

You're too young to have arthritis. I was also told I had eczema in my younger years and was told by the dermatologist it was probably psoriasis.

Crazy thing is, our son recently broke out with a patch of what looks like psoriasis and was told it looks like eczema.

My rheumy asked me "why is your arm so flexible".... Ummm, I'm not too sure about that. LOL

I was told I didn't need a handicap pass because the exercise is good for me. I asked him if falling was also good for me. Mind you, I had all ready fallen numerous times and was using a can because my legs kept giving out. Another doctor gave me the form and actually if if the 1st doctor was nuts

When this disease first slammed into me in a big way, I had a visit with my general practice doctor. My legs, ankles, and feet were in serious pain and they looked like over inflated balloons that were ready to pop, along with having this bizarre looking rash on the feet and ankles. The doctor acted like there was nothing wrong with me (FYI - Doctor worked in the same religious medical organization that I did. She treated me as though I was making this all up, even though there were visible signs, and decided she needed to protect the organization over taking care of her patient. The organization had nothing to do with what my health was going through, but this is who they are and why I left). Anyway, I asked if there was anything that could be done for the severe swelling in my legs, ankles, and feet and the rash and pain. She told me to eat celery and drink lemonade for the swelling, totally ignored the rash and pain, and walked out of the room. Needless to say, I have a new doctor.

This was told to me by a favourite patient of mine who had AS and I suspect PsA ( had widespread P but was diagnosed with AS in the 1980s and never received any further diagnosis). He had lost an eye from the disease and had a false one. One registrar asked him " Do you manage to see out of that eye?" The patient replied “Oh yes, its better than my real one!” “Really?!” said the Doc “No of course not you moron, its not real!”

Now you know why he was one of my favourites :wink:

1 Like

You dont have PsA because your xray is normal.

You have wasted enough of my time.