I just want to chop off my feet and call it a day

I'm not very active on here - but I saw this and just wanted to say that I feel you and hope that your feet get to feeling better soon. It's just AWFUL when it's your feet (because what the hell can you do? Learn to levitate? God I wish!). My feet were actually the reason I got diagnosed by a magical wonderful doctor at my university clinic - the foot pain was awful. It felt like all the little bones were rubbing up against glass instead of cartilage.

I'd wait on chopping them off though! At least until the Rheum gives you some pain meds ;)

It's a thread revival meeting! Every once in awhile, I see a thread and I think "That was a good conversation. I wonder how those people are feeling now..."

I'm doing all right. Not great, but the new anti-depressant which I started in December is doing really good things for my head. I wish I'd switched sooner. My PsA ... meh... it's not terrible, but Humira isn't the wonderdrug that Enbrel was for me for almost two years. Still, life is pretty good. Part of that is my healthier head, part is accepting the need to pace myself, part is having aids (like a new lightweight scooter) which make it easier to get around. And so it goes, my PsA saga.

How is everyone else? Drop a line, why don't you?

I am great at the moment! Steroid injection has really helped my feet - played golf twice this week and not a hint of pain. Humira is controlling the flares but my non-existent psoriasis is reappearing all over my legs - I’ll take it though - anything is better than the foot pain …

Soo jeleous Golfnut! My shots did nothing this time but so far they have not been taking me down completly. My right hand is another story, as the lovely lady who started this thread said, I am ready to cut it off! Not easy with my job to loose the use of my number one tool. For the rest of me, not so bad. My two ugliest toe nails are starting to grow normal which is amazing! My ribs are doing well as of late and my fatigue is under control. Great idea to restart this thread Seenie, it was a good one!

Oh, Lady… we are the same person!
I was thinking this last night as I lay awake in bed… just chop off my right leg and be done with it!! Damn this pain!!! Then I some how feel asleep for a few hours.

I know how you feel. The constant, ticking pain. Always there. I feel so old as well. 34 and feeling 50, no offense. There world is less happy, less colorful. Sometimes I look out the window and see a beautiful blue sky day and think… “Figures huh? Lovely day and I am stuck in here.”

I do hope you find some relief soon and something to make you smile.

1 Like

Well I’ve been on humira now for nearly 5 months and after a promising start, things seem to be tailing off a but. My feet are hurting and my hands wake me up every night (trying to work out if that’s neuropathy or arthritis). Knees and back seem to be flaring fairly frequently too. Think i will contact clinic to try increased frequency of injections before next appointment. Was authorized to reduce mtx to 20mg but only lasted a week and pain and swelling was back up so switched straight back to 25mg. Hope others aren’t here because they’re feeling better!!

Hi @Golfnut! the hands/feet neuropathy pain–I can so relate to that. The pins and needles and random stabbing pains in my feet that radiated up my legs were SO hard to deal with. I had them for ages before I could really focus on what was going on. I figured it was all part of the same PsA pain profile. Only when my disease was better controlled could I isolate the pain in my feet and realize that was what was keeping me up at night. That and sensitivity to heat/cold (Raynaud’s). Once I could identify and explain the pain to my rheumy he moved swiftly to medication for neuropathy. It has changed my life. In addition to taking away the pain and nerve “zings” it has the added benefit of making me drowsy so I fall asleep much more easily.