I bit down in the dump and not sure what to do

I usually only deal with a bad doctor once.

My rheumy is pretty good. I sent him a message last week and told him I thought I had torn a meniscus in my knee (done it before, know what it feels like) and asked if he wanted to x-ray it or should I go see my knee guy. He immediately said go see my knee guy.

Glad he didn’t get his nose out of joint when I asked.

Glad you’re going on a vacation. I just finished my Tremfya loading dose. Waiting to see if it helps.

Good luck to you.;

A month to go before our cruise. I am hoping I make it. Except for my knees, which now have OA too, I think the Termfya is helping everything else except this dang pain in my ribs. My ribs hurt all over. I have been dealing with the rib issue now for 4 or 5 months.

I realise you have probably done all this, but have you had an X-ray just to rule out anything lung-related? I had pneumonia about a month ago with just a little pain around ribs, no virus or cough except for about 12 hours in the middle of one night, and the cough stopped by itself before I got to tge GP, and the GP couldn’t hear anything either. It was only cause I was on steroids we did the X-ray. Could have blown us both down with a feather when it came back pneumonia!

1 Like

Well, I have one more day in Alaska and we head back home!

The 2 week trip has been a challange for me and my wife. I had hoped my pain would have been better before we left, but that was too much to hope for. The cruise was great, but going on the land excursions was bad.

I struggled through it all and tried to enjoy as much as I could. Now after 11 days my body is shot. I guess it was a good thing they cancelled our last excursion today due to weather because I have been in a great deal of pain the last few days.

Overall it was worth it and I can cross this off my bucket list. We didn’t get to see the auroras though. Of course the day after we leave tomorrow there is supposed to be a big solar wind.

I am still hoping the Tremfya will do some more for me. I have pushed far beyond my limits on this trip. I’ll have to take a vacation to get over my vacation!!!

I don’t know that I would do a cruise, but I would love to see Alaska. That sounds like an amazing trip. When you get back home you can pace yourself again, but sometimes it’s well worth it to push yourself.

I’m sorry there were some tough times on your cruise - often the way when we go on holidays, and even harder when your companions do not get it at all. Does sound like a wonderful trip though, and so great that you were able to tick it off your bucket list!

I think it is wise to always have at least one thing left on a bucket list! :grin:

1 Like

We are back from our cruise. It took a lot out of me, but it was a nice two weeks. However, my wife and I both came down with COVID the day after we got back.

I’m sure we didn’t get it on the Princess Cruise. They had dozens of people that did nothing but wipe things down after anyone touched it.

We spent the last 5 days on the ground in lodges and on buses seeing Alaska and Canada. We are both pretty sure we got it on one of the buses. I got the Paxlovid the day a I tested positive and started them. My wife was sick two days later and started hers. It has been a week and we have both felt like hell, but it seems to be going away now,

I have been really tired and had to work from home all week when I needed to be resting. Don’t recommend trying that. Today is Saturday, and I had the chance to sleep about 12 hours. That has helped a lot.

So, I got to cross that off my bucket list. We didn’t get to see the Auroras, so that is still on my list.

1 Like