I am 63lbs lighter!

I thought I would share my minor success with you guys!

As some of you know I have been working on losing the extra weight as instructed by my doctor. It's been a tough journey with my achy joints flaring up periodically. I also had my platelet count drop recently (not too low though ~ only to 117 so I am playing pin cushion once again).... but I am still doing it!!

I'm very happy to say I am down 63lbs!!! Still got some more to lose but this is a huge accomplishment for me. I am the lightest I have been in about 10 years.

Thanks for listening to me whine when I needed too! It does help to have a place to vent. Here is my comparison pics:

RONI!!!!! Well done ... that was a LOT of hard work, wasn't it?

What formula did you use -- low fat, low carb, exercise ...?????

I just counted calories using the myfitnesspal app for iPhone. You enter all your stats and it tells you how many calories you should be eating. I also walk on the treadmill 3-5 times a week for 30 min (joints permitting!). I started on Nov 4th… so I’m 5 1/2 months in (doctor supervised). I hope to be to my goal weight by the end of summer.

Seenie said:

RONI!!! Well done … that was a LOT of hard work, wasn’t it?

What formula did you use – low fat, low carb, exercise …???

WOW! Congratulations! And thanks for the tip on the iPhone app : )

Holy cow!!!! That is fantastic!!!! It has inspired me to be a bit more meticulous with my calorie counting...I will definitely be downloading that iphone app. Congratulations...you look fantastic!

The app is really easy to use but for those without an iPhone or who like forum interaction, you can also use their site. www.myfitnesspal.com

Feel free to friend me on there too! My username is Roni_M

They also have an android app. Very cool. my favorite though is the scanner. I don't think there has been anything it didn't find. Scan the UPC of most anything and Boom there is the nutritional info. Lots of folks have entered their own recipes as well. Even my wife's flax seed gluten free lo carb foccacia . You can carb count too as their stock diet is pretty much lo fat and is based on about 2#/week. absolute a piece of cake.

My wife and I have been using it about a month now with pretty good success.

Good show Roni and that is NOT a minor success.

That’s awesome tntlamb! I have been on it for 5 1/2months. It makes everything so simple. I say minor because i’m not to goal yet but i will get there! =)

Good work Roni! Keep it up. Makes me want to loose some weight now.

For me thee exercise was the hardest part and sacroilliitis had be in bed for three weeks. I hope it will get easier when I finally get into the rheumy and have a DMARD added.

Calorie wise, I was drinking a lot of milk because the NSAIDs were killing my stomach. The doctor finally added a stomach med and that made all the difference for me. I completely cut out milk (except in my coffee) and that dropped my calories to a normal range. I had put the weight on slowly over the last 15 years mostly from drinking milk. So if anyone else is chugging milk because of meds and trying to lose weight ask your dr about stomach meds. I couldn’t have done it without those!

JacksonJ said:

Good work Roni! Keep it up. Makes me want to loose some weight now.

Great work Roni! ;you look fabulous

Wow, that is hardly a "minor" success! Congrats! I'm feeling rather inspired to lose some weight myself...

Congratulaions Roni!!!! What an inspiration you are. I now know I can do this too. I have about 50 lbs to lose and will be going to this website. Thank you for the info.

Wow!!! Awesome! You give me hope.

You all can most definitely do this too! The app makes the math simple, but it’s really a matter of just eating healthier and getting some exercise. Neither has to be too intense. I just walk on my treadmill for exercise, and my plate now is usually at least half vegetables. I drink flavored water instead of high calorie drinks. You just need to make changes that you can keep up on easily. I’m not one to go super healthy with spinach and protien shakes or live off seeds and berries. I could never keep up those types of “health diets”. So i’m just sticking with real food with the occassional treat, all in moderation.

Thank you all again for the support! =)

Roni, when you say flavored water, what are you flavoring it with? I find that the crystallight type drinks give me a headache, but at the same time I get so tired of not having any flavor in my water. I also can not have ANY caffeine or stimulants as theyh cause immediate cystitis. I have started watching what I eat and adding up my calories on the website. Amazing how many calories I really eat each day and don't think I have eaten that much. I sure hope this works for me as I am heavier now than I have every been. Thank you again for sharing your story and you look AWSOME!!

Alma

Congrats! I just hit 41.6 pounds lost myself and I am finding the weight loss is making the Arthritis easier to deal. You are looking great.

I buy the already flavored type. I’m in Canada and my favorite is Life Brand (shoppers drug mart) Pomegranite Berry. I also really like the Aquafina Wild Berry. Both of those use Sucralose (splenda) as a sweetener. I personally hate the sweetener after taste of aspartame (sugar twin) but don’t find there is one with Sucralose. Most grocery stores have their own brand of flavored water and some are even fizzy like soda. I really like them and it’s all I drink now (except coffee in the morning). It is surprising how many calories you eat when you start. I found I got stingy with my calories, deciding if a treat was “worth” that “much”. Once you get the hang of it, it does get easier. If you are going out to eat you can also figure out what you want ahead of time. That makes it so you don’t feel guilty… You already know what your going to order and how many calories it will be. I’m sure you’ll do great! =)

Alma said:

Roni, when you say flavored water, what are you flavoring it with? I find that the crystallight type drinks give me a headache, but at the same time I get so tired of not having any flavor in my water. I also can not have ANY caffeine or stimulants as theyh cause immediate cystitis. I have started watching what I eat and adding up my calories on the website. Amazing how many calories I really eat each day and don’t think I have eaten that much. I sure hope this works for me as I am heavier now than I have every been. Thank you again for sharing your story and you look AWSOME!!

Alma

Congratulations! That’s a fabulous loss! I’m glad it is helping your joints. That is why I started but, unfortunately, it hasn’t helped for me and the exercise seems to be making them angry. I’m hoping once the rheumy adds a DMARD it will help ease the arthritis pain.

Veronica said:

Congrats! I just hit 41.6 pounds lost myself and I am finding the weight loss is making the Arthritis easier to deal. You are looking great.

Wow that is fantastic, I am dealing with this issue to and it is very hard, I lost about 45 lbs and now I am stuck, and very sore, but I to want to keep going, I love the pics, motivation at its best !!! Once again Amazing and keep up the good work!!!!!