Humira....what I'm learning

So....yesterday I posted the things I'm learning while on Humira......like taking Benadryl at night now is BAD ju ju.....nightmares! And I seem to be holding fluids a bit more.... Otherwise it seems to be helping heal the Psoriasis and haven't had a bad flare since I started...on my 4th injection. Well, seems I spoke too soon.....have had a VERY stressful few days and tonight the pain is back :(

So, I guess I just learned that stress still plays a fairly big part.....

I am wondering why you are taking Benadryl...is that for the itching from psoriasis? I had bad psoriasis at one time, and I never thought of that. Hopefully, the Humira will really kick in and your psoriasis will be less itchy then you can stop taking your nightmare stuff. You should probably stop it anyway. I swelled up some with biologics and I had to have my wedding band resized, and I continue to have some trouble with my ankles, but the hands are ok.

Stress matters a lot, so be kind to yourself!

I’m a Vietnam vet I’ve had nightmares for over 40 years also insomnia. So with my constant battle with PsA I was prescribed Trazodone to help me sleep. When taking it I do not have nightmares I’ve informed my GP in case this will help others.

Benadryl is for the evil Oak pollen! Only take it when I need the extra boost.....but it won't be at night anymore! :)

jennyb said:

I am wondering why you are taking Benadryl...is that for the itching from psoriasis? I had bad psoriasis at one time, and I never thought of that. Hopefully, the Humira will really kick in and your psoriasis will be less itchy then you can stop taking your nightmare stuff. You should probably stop it anyway. I swelled up some with biologics and I had to have my wedding band resized, and I continue to have some trouble with my ankles, but the hands are ok.

Stress matters a lot, so be kind to yourself!

Thanks for the input Hawk....will keep that in mind for future reference. And THANK YOU for your service! Glad you don't have to deal with the nightmares any longer! :)

HAWK said:

I'm a Vietnam vet I've had nightmares for over 40 years also insomnia. So with my constant battle with PsA I was prescribed Trazodone to help me sleep. When taking it I do not have nightmares I've informed my GP in case this will help others.

I totally agree with HAWK, I have been on Humera for a full year and they also prescribed Trazadone. Humera working pretty well, I still have PsA flares at least once or twice a quarter but definitely a helpful drug. The Trazadone works fabulously for me!!! It is a never ending contest to keep all the medicines working together. ~Michelle~