How is everyone doing with the seasonal change PsA wise?

I live in the Pacific NW and spring and fall are my toughest times of year.

Right now I'm struggling with extra pain (joint and tendon), and a minor flare possibly due to fighting all the germs floating around. My body is on high alert! :)

So I don't sleep as well, fatigue is more, brain fog happens for frequently.

Usually once winter settles in for good I improve somewhat. It's hard to remember though when I've got day after day of slogging through drizzly dark days aching.

How is everyone else doing with the seasonal change?

Hello Marietta I live in the Vancouver BC (Canada) area so we have the same weather. I notice that I have challenges with the fall too. I think perhaps its the change in the weather. Whatever it is, it causes me to suffer with major fatigue and painful joints and tendons as well. I would swear it can change even day to day depending on temperature and even rain, but obviously I don’t know his for sure! You are definitely not alone!

I think you both described it beautifully! I am in Vermont. I was flaring terribly this summer due to heat and humidity I think. But fall is kicking my butt this year! Maybe it isn't the weather, maybe I am just in a long flair.....

I lived in AZ for two years and the heat and humidity in summer bothered me a lot too! Our summer here was long and very dry, so I did pretty well....until fall set in a few weeks ago.

michael in vermont said:

I think you both described it beautifully! I am in Vermont. I was flaring terribly this summer due to heat and humidity I think. But fall is kicking my butt this year! Maybe it isn't the weather, maybe I am just in a long flair.....

I'm in CT, and we've just been through a hurricane, which totally kicked my butt. It doesn't help that I'm off PsA meds at this point. The weather is getting colder and damper again, and my joints are not happy. I try to keep my joints warm and hope for the best!

I live in the SE and the weather here has been going from cold to warm back to cold. It seems that my body does not know how to react. You just discribed how I have been feeling. I thought maybe it was my medicine not working but know I think it is the weather.

Hopefully my body will calm down so I can be comfortable again.

i live in los angeles and today it is going to be in the 90’s. thats Cali for you! so I dont take much note of the weather because we really dont have major seasonal changes.

Hi Marietta,

Im in Idaho. Spring and Fall And Winter are hell on me. I am happy as a clam in summer. But I love living in Idaho so I deal with it. I am noticing alot more pain than normal when these storms are coming. My hubby has oseto in the knee and he feels them going. Together we are the best weather man out there! LOL. Hang in there lady. Winter will be here soon then on to summer! Blessings.

The cold bothers me, especially my feet. However, the spring is my yearly big flare. It seems to coincide with allergy season. I start sneezing and getting itchy eyes, and I flare. The only problem is that the spring flare usually lasts at least a few months, and sets me back until . . . Wait for it. . . . The fall flare, due to allergies. Yay!