How do you keep limber?

Walking works best for me though I need to move my upper body by stretching. When the grand kids are here, there is always a bit of dancing, though I'm certainly not the dancer I once was, they don't know that, they just like having fun!

Some swim, a few hike, fly fish...

I love using a foam roller to loosen up my muscles and tight spots then I stretch using a nylon band that has notches to put my foot in and my hands to pull. Works for me !

Yoga moves to stretch as needed.

I have found the most wonderful program on TV. It is called "Classical Stretch" It is on one of our PBS stations. You can go to their website also. Kind of Tai Chi/Yoga in motion type exercises, very slow, methodical movement, stretching every muscle in your body. Each day is a little different routine and it is zero impact. I can't do everything some days, but when I stick with it, I can actually go walking, which also seems to help with my attitude. It certainly helps with my pain.

For DIY these guys have incredible materials:

http://www.spondylitis.org/store/products_all.aspx

I should get back to yoga, I can do everything except my back on the floor, guess I could do those in bed?

Yes Frances, the bands, my Chiropractor has me use those, different colors, different strengths!

Shibashi Tai chi was taught to me by my Occupational Therapist during my first flare … do it everyday. Not only does it keep me as flexible as possible but leaves me with a sense of wellbeing and calm

Hi Louise! You sound well! Good to hear from you! I have heard good things about Tai chi, it is beautiful to watch!

So tell me lamb, do you do these, or just work that control handle of your recliner? LOL! I'm gonna get it for that! ha!

tntlamb said:

For DIY these guys have incredible materials:

http://www.spondylitis.org/store/products_all.aspx

BTW, I KNOW he exercises, I'm just being a brat, shooting spit wads, seeing if he is still awake, or if he left the ice cream out!

This sounds great - gonna check it out tonight and DVR it. Thanks for sharing the info !

hrlygrm said:

I have found the most wonderful program on TV. It is called "Classical Stretch" It is on one of our PBS stations. You can go to their website also. Kind of Tai Chi/Yoga in motion type exercises, very slow, methodical movement, stretching every muscle in your body. Each day is a little different routine and it is zero impact. I can't do everything some days, but when I stick with it, I can actually go walking, which also seems to help with my attitude. It certainly helps with my pain.

I do much of my yoga in bed, on my memory foam :)

SK said:

I should get back to yoga, I can do everything except my back on the floor, guess I could do those in bed?

Thanks Marietta, guess it would work on my Beauty Rest too!

Sounds like a good solution for the stiffness, especially when the weather gets bad and it's not fit to walk around outside!

I walk, hike when I'm able, and have done Tai Chi and yoga and should really get back to those. Mostly I play with 5-12 children every day and that takes care of it! LOL

I try to ride a stationary recumbent bike for about 30 minutes a day. Easy on the joints and can be a good cardio exercise.