Hello!

I am a new member. I have been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis for several years now. I also have fibromyalgia and quite severe osteoarthritis. It has been a pretty frustrating journey but I am finally coming to terms with all of it. I hope to gain additional knowledge, practical advice and friendship by belonging to this group. There is so much to read and think about here. I love it already!!!!

Hello there and welcome :slight_smile:
This is such a great place to get information and support.

Welcome to the group :slight_smile:

Welcome, Dede!

You have certainly come to the right spot for all of those things! This is such a good group of people, and we have some really bright minds.

If you need anything, let us know.

Grumpy

Welcome to the group! You'll find lots of great info and support here.

Hi Dedecee! Welcome aboard. I’m sure you’ll get what you’re looking for here–no matter what that may be!

Thanks for the welcome Sybil. The most frustrating thing is that my rheumatologist hasn't really given me any help discerning which arthritis is which either. I feel like I am on this endless spiral and one things just leads back to the other. Because I have always been a big person of course they are eager to write all severe symptoms off as osteo. Like you, I doubt that osteo could just come over me all of a sudden like it supposedly did. And it all came on rather soon after I had psoriasis. I'm trying to learn as much as I can to try to help myself. :(

You don't have to feel bad about "ranting" to me. I have done plenty. My family and friends are sick of hearing me I'm sure. I am so tired of suffering in silence and getting nowhere. I go back to the idea that I am only 56 years old. I don't want to be sitting my my rocker home bound for the rest of my life. The docs seem more than willing to let me do that. Even being really stupid about it like denying me a permanent handicap permit like they think I might somehow be miraculously healed. AND meanwhile I have to use a cane now to even get to the bathroom and can barely walk out to my car in the driveway.

I was in another psa group a few years ago. THAT really took the cake. It was run by a nurse, who, while knowledgeable about medicine in general, was very ignorant about signs and symptoms that many, if not all, people who really have the disease experience. She went so far as to sort of edit what you had to say and chide you for "spreading" misconceptions and fallacies when you would talk about or ask about your own experiences. i am very open to ideas and I'm not a know-it-all by any stretch but I refuse to let anyone act like I'm crazy when I live something every day. Everything I have read and seen on here so far is excellent. If I am wrong and someone can tell me why, or a different way to think about something I'm all for it! My intentions are only friendly and well-wishing. :)