Having a melt down...things not good!

I don't think trying to recruit "vampires" to visit Dani's doc is poltical is it? (unless you are comparing blood sucking politicians to doctors in "Conference" for a month

Absolutely not. We'd better start organizing that expedition. You in your vampire suit, me with my knuckle-rapping cane. And we'll raise h3ll.

Hi Dani, Im new here and I just read your situation...girl I would not wait for the Dr. If you are in that much pain find another Dr. that will see you right away. Do some research on the new Dr. I would also say to find a Office with 2 Dr. that work together that way if one is ever out on vacation or whatever else you cal always see the 2nd Dr. I would not wait around. Being in pain really sux so I know what you feel.

Thanks for all the support guys...it really means alot. I just got a call from the nurse and she is setting up the injection training...I guess they are just going to send me to the pharmacy which is fine by me, lets just get 'er done!!!! I guess this one pharmacist in the area has been specifically trained by abbott labs on the use of those very difficult autoclick pens...no sarcasm here AT ALL!!!! ANYWAY...I found the whole line about a month a at conference being a bit much, but at least I did get to see her right away, and she was very thorough doing a full exam again and was nicer than usual, probably thought I was going to complain about her...ha ha.

When I was first diagnosed, she had diagnosed me with PsA and thought possibly AK, but went with the PsA initially as she wanted to see how the disease progressed. She is now "certain" with how the disease has progressed with my spine involvement that I also have AK. No big deal really as they are treated pretty much the same.......

Does she have you saying on the MTX with the Humira, or do you get to party a bit first????

She wants me to stay on the MTX until I get on the Humira and then reduce the MTX by 50% initially. I think we will probably discontinue the MTX all together as we have not had any results but she said to leave it for the first 3 months on Humira....soooo no partying for me (not that booze and my pain meds mix that well anyway!!!)

Please keep us posted.... You will be partying sooner than you think! Its amazing how good you start to feel when you get to the point can chuck the pain meds when they aren't necessary to just function.

Have a good weekend, Dani. Don’t gobble too much turkey! LOL

So if you all are having Thanksgiving NOW up there/ What do you do for Black Friday??? I mean when does Santa get there?????

That is the weekend we go cross-border shopping, Lamb! And we don’t have to clean the house because company’s coming, we don’t have to roast any birds, we just jump in the car will our credit cards. :slight_smile:

ha ha ha....so true! Usually there is a mass exodus south for christmas shopping, especially with the dollars where they are.

lamb...I can't wait until the day I can quit taking these pain meds.....I am hoping I won't need them soon.

My wife and sister and law appreciate it too........ Were it not for our neighbors to the north both their quilt shop sewing machine stores would be sucking wind......

What, is your wife’s name JoAnn???

I wish.......

Sorry things have bee so rough for you. Even though your rheumatologist is back, I would DEFINITELY start looking for another one immediately. Don't take a chance on your current one disappearing on you again.

It's great that your insurance is picking this up. Warning: it took about a month for my biologic to really kick in, and since then I've been so happy with it. I'm glad I was patient about it.

Best of luck!