Had my 2nd Rheumy Apt Monday and it went great!

I buckled down and told him everything I was feeling about my sx's. I told him last time I really downplayed the pain I was in and he said he thought I did that. I had come back to his office after my apt and asked for another MRI on my knee so that made him wonder if I was in more pain then I led on in the office.

I told him how my hands hurt and every part of my body seemed to be in pain. I also told him that I feel like I was hit by a truck every morning I wake up. He left his office and came back and said after looking over my lab work (positive RH factor) he thought I might be having RA starting to evolve. He put me on prednisone 40 mg for 3 days and said if I respond well then he will look into methotrexate, embrel, etc. If I don't respond well to it then he will see if maybe it's tendonitis or something like that and go that route with medicine.

I have to say today I woke up and feel like I am in a new body! Last night before I went to bed I was still in pain but not as bad as Monday. This morning I had practically zero pain. I am so excited! I really hope he can find something similar to prednisone.

Anyone have any suggestions about something similar to prednisone?

Thanks for listening!

Lauren

Glad to hear that you are feeling so well. No input on prednisone. Sorry.