Got very sick after my first Humira shot

I also take Enbrel and methotrexate. I take 4 pills a week, and a shot. I was having a lot of UTIs and had to stop both of my meds. while I was on antibiotics.... I have been blessed this time when starting back on my meds. no bladder infections!!

Thanks Grandma J, that’s what I usually do, go with my gut…to me it’s making an informed choice. :slight_smile:

So glad your UTIs have gone Browneyes…they’re so frustrating! I was getting up every 2 hours to pee, not great when you have trouble sleeping anyway.

Louise here in the states we can buy pyridium over the counter under the name Uristat. It can make the pain and bladder spasms go away until you can be treated for a UTI. I do not know if it is available in the UK or not. I hope you start feeling better soon. <3

Thanks Michael, looking online they do sell it here, but amazon says it is temporarily out of stock…will definitely look in to getting something like this for the future though…good tip x <3

Hi iam sory to hear your biologic didn’t work !!! My nurse has told me that if this one isn’t the one foe me you can try another !!
I’m on my 3rd injection of humira and seem fine …it isn’t at present doing anything to help
But iv been told it takes a few mouths to start working!!!
I was on mythertrixate and wen I had the dose make higher I got a bad reaction to that, like blood poisoning …
Hope you feel better from you brochitis …

It has been a long time since I created this thread. I am now on Enbrel with no bad effects. I have been on it for 7 weeks now and I cannot tell it is doing any good. The sad thing about Humira is that with only taking one shot, it worked very well. I found out that I had a MRSA infection in my sinuses way back when I took the first shot of Humira. It has taken a long time to get rid of the MRSA infection. I am just seven weeks infection free. I am thinking about asking my rheumy about trying Humira again if the Enbrel does not work.