Flares whilst on Humira

Hi all

Have other people experienced flares whilst on Humira? I've had two pretty bad ones now - have been on Humira for about 7 months or so. Lasting 7-12 days. Doc says it can take up to 12 months to reach full effects of biologicals. The rest of the time I feel ok. No, I cannot take methotrexate to boost it. Amazing isn't it- you think you know what pain feels like then BAM you get a fresh reminder

cheers

Hi at times i took it every 10 days..and then Wkly. The rheummy was the one who ordered it like this, when he saw me flaring .

I took Humira 5 yrs, and moved onto other biologics

take care

Thanks TKR! I did ask my dr re reducing the no of days between my shots ie. 10 instead of 14 days. He tells me that I will have to pay for the additional injections (currently $1,740.00 for 2 here in Australia) The Aust govt will noe approve any more subsidised ones. Soooooo, am going to speak to rheumy re other options)

Hi XM

I was on Humira, Mtx, NSAID,,,and i guess i took a 2 week low dose prednisone dose when that happened..the flare

Hope u get better!

Is it ""normal to get flares whilst on Biologics?

Hi again,

I think the rheummy told me something like, to get things improved 80%, thats great...But sometimes it will never be perfect.

I think, we could be a little achy, before when an infusion, or injection, or wkly mtx is due. Stress/weather could make us flare .

It dropped 30 degrees here, overnight, so i felt that.

Some biologics won't work for one person, some ppl cannot take Mtx. And our rheummies got to figure out what works. At least there are more things to try, then what was available before.

I think Enbrel came out in 1999, or 1998?.....I first got on it in 2000, and it was pretty dramatic, the differance. A lot of fatique left, and swelling in my fingers.

I'm going to say, Yes it's possible, to get a flare while on biologics.

I overdid today, hubby and i cleaned out the garage,( took hours) and I had to take a Norco, pain pill. I hadn't taken one in months, but i know i won't be able to sleep with the pain..

I still have flares on Enbrel and mtx. I have fewer flares that are shorter and they are less intense. I have discussed this with my Rheumy and some people do continue having flares. I have also tried Humira and Simponi. This is my second attempt with Enbrel. I have had PsA for 20-30 years.