Good/bad; Happy/sad

I have two more days left on the medrol taper. Yesterday I was SO EXCITED....I even shot my joy all over Facebook....regretting that now.

Yesterday I was in the shower---without assistance, washed my hair, got dried and dressed fairly easily.....Stll had wet feet an calves but hey, you can't have everything..

It suddenly dawned on me. I DO NOT HURT!!!!!...well almost all of me was better. My shoulders an neck still were not happy but my SI Joint and my lower back an my hands and feet were MARKEDLY better. I cleaned as much of the house as I could and went out for lunch with a friend.

I began to have fantasies...maybe I was cured! Maybe that pain will be gone for good!

Well, today my bubble has popped. Pain is returning. Not yet at full blast but enough to know that this will not be the cure I was dreaming about. Alas and oh well.

I am suspecting that there is no cure this side of heaven....It's a crushing blow. What I AM hoping is that the medrol has broken the back of the flair I was in and that I wlll return to baseline. Any thoughts on that you PsA sufferers? When you are on steroids to deal with a flare, when the steroids wear off, are you still back in Flair-land or can you go to home and collect $200?

Hello Qadosh,

Isn't it scary when nothing hurts??? lol. It happens to me, I think I am having a stroke or something, I am so used to pain... :D The way I understood the disease is that there is no cure. Only bad days and good days. I am learning to bless and treasure the last ones :) I agree with you that after a few good days, then the pain comes back and it is crushing. Look forward to the good days, I am sure you have a lot more ahead of you. Namaste - Isabella

Thank you Isabella

Some years ago I went for my 5th try at getting an epidural. I had it done in a hospital OR because with the way my spine isfull of hardware and spontaneous fusions from the spondylitis, they had never even gotten a needle in through that mess. Well I had a new doc who was sure he could do it. I went to sleep and when I opened my eyes in the recovery room I burst out crying. EVery one ran to my bed asking what was wrong. All I could blurt out was "It doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt. " That was a tease - I was painfree for four days then it all came back. It was such a blow...I vowed never to try it again.

Surferette said:

Hello Qadosh,

Isn't it scary when nothing hurts??? lol. It happens to me, I think I am having a stroke or something, I am so used to pain... :D The way I understood the disease is that there is no cure. Only bad days and good days. I am learning to bless and treasure the last ones :) I agree with you that after a few good days, then the pain comes back and it is crushing. Look forward to the good days, I am sure you have a lot more ahead of you. Namaste - Isabella

All I can say is just look forward to the good days with anticipation, and make the most if them. They are a joy when they come after miserable days…wishing you many more :slight_smile:

Thank you Sybil for the encouragement and for taking time to find out "where I'm coming from" There are books that could be written on what I"ve been through medically ...I just take it a day at a time and hold tighter to my Lord's hand.