Foot problems

Wow, so glad to hear cramping and tight calf muscles is the PSA! Podiatrist gave me stretching for my calves but it does not seem to work😳. New Normal…the toe and finger cramping is aweful… I try mustard first(learned about that in water aerobics), then magnesium…always happens at rest?? Will try the soap!!

1 Like

What is the mustard used for, and how is it applied?

Doesn’t anyone take muscle relaxer meds? I’ve taken tizanidine for a couple of years and that seems to remove the spasms most nights.

1 Like

The muscle relaxers did not help for me.

Bananaddicts Anonymous.

2 Likes

Yup, I took an OTC muscle relaxer that we can get up north here. I got a lot of relief from it. Oddly, it was my aching legs that felt better.

Sorry, JonS, my feet completely collapsed, so I have no advice to offer.

Seenie

1 Like

I need that support group contact info! Lol my husband said we need to plant a banana tree!

1 Like

Yes, I consume a lot of bananas too!

2 Likes

Idk why but muscle relaxers always made my restless leg syndrome worse and muscles twitch awfully bad.

It might have been because they didn’t Rx a large enough dose, the way the Doctors are reluctant to give out any controlled substance…

Maybe but I have a low tolerance and very sensitive to medication, or certain kinds. I just don’t take em anymore. Oh there is one I think I was able to take without that effect but I can’t remember what it was.
My memory sucks.

1 Like

Would that be called “fallen Arches”? Sounds painful… I get my new inserts in two weeks, hopefully they will suport the arch better.

Yup. And yes it is. Combined with the joint damage, being on my feet is pretty uncomfortable. I had orthotics for years, and it was better than nothing, but my feet still hurt. Recently I’ve discovered high cut boots which are very snug and fit perfectly around my mid-foot. That support, in addition to the fact that it reduces movement of the mid-foot, has made me more comfortable than anything else I’ve had on my feet. Kind of a corset for my feet. From a fashion point of view, they don’t work all that well with shorts. :rofl:

Foot problems are miserable. I hope your inserts and your new sandals make your feet happy all summer.

Seenie

1 Like

Glad you got something that works and also is stylish, (except at the beach). I cringe thinking of even wearing shoes let alone boots, my feet even burn wearing socks, i can do it for about 2 hours before my feet overheat. The Raynaud freezing feet are almost better then the Erythromyalgia burning feet…

1 Like

Oh no!

:confused::cry: just seeing that headline upsets me. I can’t, well won’t read it tonight. Maybe later. Thank you for sharing.

Bananas have been under threat for a few years now. Pleased to report that tonic water seems even better for cramp … hang on in there, quinine trees (cinchona pubescens). I might get one, apparently you can grow it in the UK and you only need the bark, not the fruit. (Sometimes I wonder if life is too short).

1 Like

Oh wow… I might actually being doing my teensy, weeny little bit towards keeping banana’s going, and didn’t even know it :laughing: This year I have acquired 2 banana plants, the first a ‘Misi Luki’ which I have growing outside (under the eaves of the house) and seems to have coped with the frosts we have had so far, the second a ‘Dwarf Cavendish’ which is just a baby and only arrived this week, I will keep it mostly inside till the frost risk is over… it will be interesting to see if I can keep them alive to start with, and then if they ever fruit… it’s probably really too cold here to grow them, but I’m giving it a go anyway :laughing:

I believe it is possible to grow dwarf varieties indoors as long as they are given the right conditions… I never was much of a gardener, so keep fingers crossed for them, please everyone :smile:

1 Like

A doctor prescribed 2 eight oz glasses everyday for my Mother. Really did help!

Wow, I never heard that and I sure wouldn’t have guessed it considering how cheap bananas are!!!

1 Like