Foot pain solutions

I have foot pain on the bottom of my foot near my toes (metatarsalgia?). I do have a good pair of walking shoes. Can anyone recommend any over-the-counter shoe inserts that would help this condition or do I need to see a podiatrist and get custom orthotics? Any advice about the best shoes for this condition would be helpful also. Thanks all.

You might want to contact your insurance, and find out if they will cover custom orthotics. Mine are covered, and my podiatrist is very responsive about making adjustments when needed. Many people here opt for good walking shoes, and not using orthotics.

Personally, I would see a podiatrist, and talk about over the counter options to begin with. Good luck with this. When my feet are in pain it can be pretty miserable.

Thanks, Stoney. I have my rheumy appointment in a couple of weeks. I will certainly talk with him bout a referral. Yes, foot pain is truly miserable.

Stoney said:

You might want to contact your insurance, and find out if they will cover custom orthotics. Mine are covered, and my podiatrist is very responsive about making adjustments when needed. Many people here opt for good walking shoes, and not using orthotics.

Personally, I would see a podiatrist, and talk about over the counter options to begin with. Good luck with this. When my feet are in pain it can be pretty miserable.