Flu shot reaction while on Enbrel

Being from the land down under it is fast approaching winter so I had my flu shot. This is the first time I have had a reaction. I have a red patch and a hard lump under the skin and it is still there 5 days later. The nurse who gave me the injection is the best I have every come across, I never feel it and there is no bruising. I have had my flu injection for the past three years and never had a problem.

Just wondering, if I should have had the flu shot or not whilst on Enbrel. My GP is aware of my meds, In the past I did ask if it was alright to have a flu shot with PSA and I was told it shouldn't make any difference and it was more important for me not to get the flu.

My Rheumy has a simple rule... No flu shot no enbrel.

Its a long needle, coulda hit anything going in......

For me my reaction to the flu shot is random. I've had many flu shots while on biologics (including Enbrel), and I reacted some years but not others. My worst was a week of dizziness, stiff arm I couldn't move without pain, swelling, hard red area 6" around. Other times...nothing at all. I don't know what my body is doing, but I don't think it had anything to do with the PsA meds.

My rheum tells me to get the flu shot and I get it. I never have problem with it and I don't get the flu either.

If you have an allergic reaction to the flu shot, can you take Enbrel shot?

I'm sure you can Spammy. It's just one of many precautions that can help your health, but it's not critical. If your body doesn't do well with the flu shot, don't take it.