Finger issue

I had a question. I have MCP inflammation and have for quite some time, especially in my pointer and middle fingers. I have some ulnar drift, in the middle and ring finger. But lately, I’ve got a new issue with my middle finger.

It’s drifting up as well, when at rest, if that makes any sense. I’ve attached a picture. My mom suggested maybe getting a scrip for OT to see if anything can be done. Anybody seen this before? Any advice?

Oh, and there is tendon pain and tightness associated with it.
23-image.jpg (932 KB)

Hi Stoney, I have MCP inflammation and pain too. I'm most tender on the palmar aspect. My middle and ring fingers on my right hand are 'on the move' too. I asked my new rheumy about it a few months back and she said it's the tendons ... nothing much to do except hand exercises to keep everything moving and stretched as possible. So if you don't have a hand exercise chart might be worth asking your PT ... or I could scan and email you mine if I can find them.

I do have a few exercises. Tendon glides and one for the interthenars (I think).

Hmm. Maybe you could email me yours.

I've just looked for my sheets and I've filed them somewhere so safe I can't find them. No problems, though, I've just Googled some images and here are links for the exercises I do:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hand+exercises+for+arthritis&biw=800&bih=500&prmd=svin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi219yj2NbJAhVIVxoKHawLBu0Q_AUICCgD#imgrc=o3VMfzZfjqBW9M%3A

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hand+exercises+for+arthritis&biw=800&bih=500&prmd=svin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi219yj2NbJAhVIVxoKHawLBu0Q_AUICCgD#imgrc=OZwCTVBbQHIq-M%3A

I also put each palm flat on a hard surface and raise each finger up all the while trying to keep the other fingers flat.

Thanks Jules. I was joking with my rheumy that I thought that my mcp’s were breaking the rules. They are not supposed to be involved in PsA.

I'm chuckling away to myself, because I don't have much lesser joint involvement but my mcp's and mtp's are at the PsA party and always have been right from the get go. So, yes, I guess mine didn't get the memo either!