Feeling Pretty?

I know most of the guys here are rolling their eyes now but if you have some secrets to feeling good please chime in here. There are more of you here than you might know.

I have a few tricks I pull out when energy and fingers are low but I want to hear yours.

What do you do to make yourself feel pretty or at least changing out of your PJs on the third day with an unwashed face? I could use all the hints you have. I have a tinted moisturizer and an eyelash curler that help me feel human again.

I use Jergens self tanning lotion for my face. Gives me a little color and doesn't look fake.

What a great idea Frances. I am going to try it. I just bought some self-tanner for my legs so I don't have to wear hose to cover up the Vermont ghostly white!

I've tried Jergens and Clarins (you can buy it at the department store). But I think the Jergens works well. I'm not sure how much the Clarins costs now - could be a similar price?

Do you use it on your legs too or just on the face?

Frances said:

I’ve tried Jergens and Clarins (you can buy it at the department store). But I think the Jergens works well. I’m not sure how much the Clarins costs now - could be a similar price?

Washing my hair always makes me feel so much better, even if its an effort.

If I’m looking peaky I use Olay’s touch of sun. I’m often told I look pale by colleagues when my pain levels are high so this helps disguise this.

Nice scents make me feel pretty and my favourite is a body shop perfumed oil called cinnamon spice…it always gives me comfort.

My biggest beauty secret is good moisturizer and easy to apply foundation with concealer. I have regular rashes on my face. It’s pretty ugly and red, so I use an Rx ointment, then a good moisturizer with SPF. I use mineral concealer and foundation that I apply with brushes. I used colorful duct tape to widen the handles, so the brushes are easy to use and hold. This whole regime takes less than five minutes and makes me feel pretty good. I also have a brush on mineral bronzer that I use when I’m looking my palest.

I also love cotton knit sun dresses. I look dressed up, but I’m comfortable instead of stiff!

I also had most of my flowing locks systematically shortened over the period of a year. It takes me about 5 minutes to do my hair from freshly shampooed to hairspray. I love it!

Taking a huge chunk of time away from how long it takes me to get all dolled up makes it easier to maintain. I can be pretty even when I feel like road kill!

Almost everything I use gives me contact dermatitis :/ but i've finally found a nice liquid lipstick (that i've actually used as an eyeshadow too, shhhhh!) and mascara that doesn't cause problems. I've tried the foundation of that brand too and i'll get it next time i'm out. It's from the store Lush if anyone is interested :). I also love their perfumes.

I almost exclusively wear skirts. I have quite the collection, and choose the one that fits my mood. I look somewhat dressed up every time I throw some clothes on, which makes me feel better than I would if I ran to the store in sweats. I wear cotton shorts under my skirts in the warm weather so when I just want to lounge, I can take the skirt off - and leggings / stretch pants under skirts in the cold weather to keep my legs warm.

I have short hair thanks to Remicade-induced hair loss/breakage, so most of the time I wear a bandanna, tichel, or scarf. I have many of them, and my five-year-old loves to pick one out to match my outfit. She's especially into scarves these days, because she loves watching me tie them in various ways.

I second skirts/dresses and scarves or other hair coverings. No makeup. . . Just never been my thing. I couldn’t wear eye makeup anyway, due to sjogren’s and teary eyes.

I get pedicures when my feet don't hurt, because even lying down, I can look down at my wiggly pretty toes!

If I have to go out and feel like crap, I have a small variety of scarves I wrap around my neck to brighten up my face area / add some color to my life. My favorite is a purple handpainted silk one from an art museum.

Washing my hair does the most for making me feel better. I also have some scented lotion that perks me up.

Great ideas ladies! You rock!

I get my nails done twice a month with my "nail buddy" we go together and have great time We have a favorite place we like to go and I am going this friday; can't wait! I also LOVE Perfumes I collect them and perfume bottles. I will wear perfume even just around the house. It lifts my mood and feel more dressed up even if it's just jeans and a shirt, lol.

HAHAHA, LOL. That is a good way to describe those kinds of days where even putting on sweat pants is a job.
GrumpyCat said:

My biggest beauty secret is good moisturizer and easy to apply foundation with concealer. I have regular rashes on my face. It's pretty ugly and red, so I use an Rx ointment, then a good moisturizer with SPF. I use mineral concealer and foundation that I apply with brushes. I used colorful duct tape to widen the handles, so the brushes are easy to use and hold. This whole regime takes less than five minutes and makes me feel pretty good. I also have a brush on mineral bronzer that I use when I'm looking my palest.

I also love cotton knit sun dresses. I look dressed up, but I'm comfortable instead of stiff!

I also had most of my flowing locks systematically shortened over the period of a year. It takes me about 5 minutes to do my hair from freshly shampooed to hairspray. I love it!

Taking a huge chunk of time away from how long it takes me to get all dolled up makes it easier to maintain. I can be pretty even when I feel like road kill!

I just cut 6 inches of hair off I feel like a new person. And for fun I straiten it. dresses and legging are my fav. And some nice cream always makes me fell better. Sometimes it’s just making an effort to look better even when I feel crappy

Oh yes! Book me one of those Sybil…would be great to have an avatar some days :slight_smile: