Eye Problems and PsA?

Hoping that you get some good news soon, @Koala. No wisdom, unfortunately, but plenty of support and hope from me.

1 Like

Koala, Iā€™m so sorry to hear that you are still trying to get the eye thing under control. Posterior uveitis! Sounds awful to have that inflammation in the back of the eyeball: does that hurt as much as it sounds like it might?

Here are some special flowers for you (I donā€™t know what you call them in Oz). I hope the nurse can find a pretty vase to put them in.

Keep in touch, my friend.

1 Like

Aww thanks for the flowers :hibiscus: Lovely

Itā€™s not as painful as the uveitis in the front, strangely.
Just weird not being able to see out of that eye.

Iā€™m being very well looked after so I canā€™t complain, will keep you posted x

1 Like

Sending lots of well wishes your way. Glad you are getting well taken care of!

2 Likes

Surgery tomorrow morning.

The op is called a Vitrectomy and anti viral injection. Then testing of the material to see what the hell is causing all this.

Please wish me luck. :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Good luck Koala. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Wishing you the best of luck with the surgery.

Surgery went well. No virus that they think (worst case scenario was herpes sx virus going crazy and destruction of retinal tissue and irreversible damage. I was terrified this morning)

Ophthalmologist says seems to be inflammatory but all being tested now.

One more night in hospital and 2 weeks recovery to hopefully fully restored vision and this ordeal is almost over.
Rheumy next week.

I feel so thankful Itā€™s not worse :pray:

2 Likes

Keeping the fingers crossed again that it turns to out to be as he says, and that you have yourself a speedy recovery in these two weeks. Books on tape to pass the time maybe?

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to hear that youā€™ll be going home soon, and that the surgery went smoothly.

2 Likes

Thanks guys
I can still watch my laptop Netflix so started a new series. I just have to rest when I need to - these things make you feel tired but the pred makes it hard to sleep!

1 Like

Whew, what a relief that it looks as if youā€™re going to recover from this unscathed. Inflammation strikes again ā€¦ sigh
Thanks for staying in touch!
S

1 Like

Thanks Seenie.
My rheumy has now applied for Humira. I just have to wait a few weeks to see if itā€™s approved.
He thinks that will stop the uveitis returning and of course give me relief from the joint and tendon pain from the PsA.

Iā€™m not quite sure how to feel about it. I guess Iā€™m lucky to be getting access to it but Iā€™m a bit scared tooā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s really great that heā€™s applied for Humira. Most people have some trepidations about starting a biologic, but it can be a real godsend.

1 Like

Koala, of course itā€™s frightening, and it comes with risks. So does the inflammation from PsA: joint damage, fatigue, depression, a host of comorbidities and ā€¦ oh ā€¦ very serious eye problems.

1 Like

Too true.

Just another adjustment period. :grinning:

Having read a bit more about uveitis I feel better about accepting biological treatment to prevent it.
Itā€™s a leading cause of blindness!

And I realised how quickly I had forgotten my last big flare in May last year. Severe pain. I could only limp and hobble on my foot and ankle. Ankle so swollen I could only wear one pair of shoes. Severe sore throat. Fatigue and exhaustion.

I still to this day question if I really have something wrong with me. Am I making it up?! Lol. Crazy.

I hope it goes well.

After everything Iā€™ve been through, I question myself too! Hereā€™s a piece I wrote ages ago.

Hi Seenie, this seems to have disappeared? Do you have it saved somewhere as Iā€™m very interested. If itā€™s not too much trouble

No trouble at all, Koala! Here it is from my files.

Iā€™ll see whether I can fix that link. Thanks for letting me know that it didnā€™t work.

1 Like