Exercise

Let me know how it goes Grandma J! I think if you do modified exercises it may benefit your back and leg pain. The 2 hour yoga class I am going to is called yoga for back pain.

Grandma J said:

We have free yoga sessions at the university where I work starting later on this month. Every Wednesday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., My boss said she'll she'll sign up with me.

Maybe I'll go for it--I'll ask my physical therapist what she thinks. With my back and leg pain, I really don't want to aggravate anything!

Proper shoes make a world of difference as well as changing them when they are shot. I agree moving helps...it's finding the balance.

Shutterbug said:

I have found that movement is the best treatment, but I listen to my body. If there is real pain then I do something different, but I keep moving. Getting fit for shoes will also make a huge difference.

rosen, congratulations on your quit! I'm sorry to hear you have pneumonia right now :-( Rest and take care and when your ready ease into it...I know I'm one to talk right!! Stretching feels wonderful! I am happy to hear you are having success with Humira and PT. Sending healing thoughts your way <3

rosen said:

Ironically, the PsA started in very soon after I quit smoking. Even though this disease has messed with my life in a major way, I honestly prefer it to how I felt smoking. I've got pneumonia right now (ugh) and it feels like how I felt normally when I smoked.

Congrats on your progress with exercise! I'm not quite there, but am making inroads and before I got sick had been exercising regularly again. I can't do yoga because I'm hyper mobile and apparently it's bad to hyperextend my joints like that (who knew?) but I've found the balancing/strengthening exercises help way more with joint pain anyway. The combination of Humira and PT for my hip has been AWESOME. :)

TaraLynn said:

Yes, I have seen a PT and swimming would be great but we have no pool on our little Island. I am also using a stationary cycle as well as walking, yoga and light weights. This has been a gradual process a year and a half ago I could barley walk, make dinner or do just daily tasks so I have come a long way...just not where I had hoped to be but maybe I need to just step it back a notch :-) Congratulations on your year and a half quit, that is awesome! Feels amazing!!
rosen said:

My physical therapist and doctors have recommended low impact exercise- water aerobics and recumbent bike. Have you gone to PT yet?

Great job on quitting smoking!!! I quit a year and a half ago, and it still feels great!