Enbrel and Tuberculosis Testing Frequency

I want to update my response. I just had a 2nd test done last month, and my dr's office said it is going to be an annual test from now on due to changes in recommendations for TB prevention.

Marietta said:

I only had a TB test once, about 11 yrs ago before I started my first biologic.

Like SK said though, some areas have higher incidences of TB and it is not something to mess around with.

If your husband is still able to work long hours I'll bet the Enbrel is certainly doing something.

Stopping the Enbrel could trigger a flare, which can be hard to get under control, resulting in him missing tons of work.

I really can't imagine quitting a medication because of twice yearly testing. That seems crazy to me. All the meds we take need period blood screening. Some require it monthly, some not so frequently. When your husband changes meds he may discover twice a year tests were easy compared to what he might get in to with a different med.

Esaud- I looked at your profile on here to see where you're at so I could find the health department there, where the skin test is $10:

http://health.lakecountyil.gov/Population/Pages/Tuberculosis-Clinic.aspx

I think there is legislation in place in the U.S. to keep TB testing affordable and readily available.