Denial of Appeal 2 months later

My psoriatic arthritis has now threatened my eyes. Ears are worse. Pain is tough. Hands and feet are swelling.

So I move slower and reprioritize with what is most important (if) needs to be done.

Humira quantity not approved since October 4. Taking it every other week for the first year, then every week for 2 1/2 years and now Anthem won’t fill anything more than the every other week. Ouch. I’m in the process of requesting the Abbvie patient assistance foundation to send the prescribed weekly dose which takes Accredo and Anthem out of the equasion but I won’t know for awhile.

I had this problem too with the eyes and saw am ophthamalogist who is trained in autoimmune diseases. She cauterized the ducts closed to keep the tears in my eyes longer and gave me a several week course of antibiotics+steroids drops. On maintainenece with moisturizing eye gels and drops now. Maybe you can find an ophthamologist who knows about psoriatic arthritis and eyes. Mine is at Kaiser Oakland but she was trained in San Francisco at the UCSF hospital. They have a Sjogren’s Center.

Thank you. In desperation and lots of pain I pled with Abbvie to put me in their patient assistance foundation and have received Humira to return to once a week instead of every other. They graciously granted me inclusion. My eyes/eyelids are nearly cleared up and the opthamologist(sp?) I saw said no permanent damage occurred. My pain levels are back to manageable and with the exception of a month of flu symptoms my health has improved. Tough two months to make me marvel at the science of biologics. Grateful to the manufacturer, still irked by my insurance for causing risk in the first place.

Hi there @Sharon_Rose_Psoriasi, I am soo very pleased that you have been able to get back on the Humira… also pleased to hear that your eyes have no permanent damage from the prolonged break from it.

It’s great to hear that the Humira is kicking in and your health has improved as a result!!

I’m sorry that you had to go through all that to be able to keep going with the med, and do hope that now it is starting to work again for you the progression of improvement will continue to the point you are symptom free!!

All the best!! Hugs