Cysts

Hi all,

I am wondering if getting cysts is associated with Psa. I had them for years in my ovaries and occasionally in my arms but also the last few years in my breasts. I can’t express how painful that is in addition with the Psa pain. I am wondering if there is a link there. Also chronic tonsillitis.

I too have had cysts. They are in places like under my chin or behind my knee they have been so painful that I had them removed. I have had 6 of them over the year. I have had them on my upper chest but being a male I can not say I have experienced your pain. But I do know that they are painful by there self. I have no clue if they are associated with PsA or not. I hope you find releif.

I forgot to add that I have had them from time to time in my eyes. Every one I have had has had to be removed and causes pain and trouble.

I've had ovarian cysts in the past, but that was hormonal, related to PCOS. In my breasts too, but those are also cyclical. The chronic tonsillitis happened after my first child was fully weaned, and I opted to have my tonsils removed before getting pregnant with my second child. I was diagnosed with PsA when my 2nd child was under a year old.

Probably no relation, other than the same hormonal changes that can worsen ovarian and breast cysts can also be behind increased inflammation in general. I've had times where for months on end the 2 weeks before my period had a major uptick in pain and inflammation, and a day before I got my period it would suddenly ease. Sometimes (of course) it wouldn't go away. Bummer.

That would make sense stoney but I had to have a hysterectomy at 27, which was at least 15 years ago. So who knows. Very over it all at the moment.

Definitely something to look into.

Yes another thing to add to the list lol

Yes me too. And I also had a hysterectomy at anearly age ( 29). Cystic breasts and lumps in arms, wrists and the most painful were ovarian cysts .

Hey, I have also just been told I have a large ovarian cyst! I swear its all to do with PSA or all the stupid medication that’s going into my body but haha then again I’m just generally over whelmed with the health chances in this body ever since PSA was diagnosed. So could be just paranoia !!? I’m also looking into it… But more on an alternative side. They also say that ginger is good for cysts so I’m on the ginger tea as I type! Hope you find some answers soon… Take care :slight_smile:

Thanks. I think the health problems I have must be linked somehow to Psa. It’s all inflammation etc. just not sure how to figure it out

It is my understanding that cysts are due to hormone issues. Have you had your hormone level check?

I have had a number of lypomas removed when they became painful. They are not exactly cysts which are fluid filled and mine were solid, made up of fiberous adipose (fat) tissue. I have noticed they seem to appear in a line above tndons that are painful. I am not sure why this would be and none of my doctors have been able to figure it out.

Hi, I have also had ovarian cysts- I understand your pain, it was immense when happening, I had about 8 of them in a period of 2 years then they stopped-strange. I did this around the time I was first diagnosed with PsA, at that time I was on methotrexate injections and prednisone and come to think of it trial of Feldene which was wonderful but they took it off the market, Not sure if there was a connection there though. funny you mentioned cysts, I also have them in my breasts but they are not bothersome.

I've had breast cysts too but mine too weren't really bothersome. I probably still have them.

Funny you should say this- I too have Fibrous cystic breasts, had several ovarian cyts BURST, and I always seem to develop them along with good ol PSA. All the cyst stuff came about long before I was ever on medications so I know they are not related to side effects.

Food for thought I suppose!!!!

I am the same. The ones in my breasts seem to be sorer when I am having a flare up. Now I know it’s not just me I think there could be something with the inflammatory auto immune stuff