Cosentxy users. 2 a month or one every two weeks?

My doc has me taking one 150ml injection every two weeks. What are other Cosentyx users doing?

I take 300 mg a month. I have been on quite a few biological drugs over the years. I also take Methotrxate. Cosentyx does not give me 100% relief but does reduce swelling and if I have a nasty flare up I have steroid injections. How do you find Cosentyx ?

Do you take 300ml all at once every 4 weeks?

Yes two injections of 150ml. Do you take any other meds for you PSA ? I was on embrel for many years and it worked well. Stopped working and I have tried quite a few biological meds. This one so far has been ok. I would prefer to have a steroid injection every three months but that comes with its own problems.

I was on Enbrel for about a year, but doc decided it was not working well enough. Started Cosentyx in August. I currently doing one 150ml over two weeks. Doc felt for my size (6’4" and 300 lbs) it would be better. I started on one every 4 weeks and that just didn’t work. Only did that for three months.

I also did Otezala for the first year about 3 years ago because they were afraid to put on biologics because I had just had prostate cancer. Had to go to biologics or not walk.

1 Like

I take 300 per month. The only time it was different was when I just started it. It works wonderfully so far!

Two at the same time?

Wow! I’m only taking 150 per month! I need to talk to my rheumy. I’m still very fatigued- I’m also scheduled for a hip replacement Feb 12th.

I don’t think it’s working for me.

I take one shot in each thigh every month. So far so good!!!

If you still have pain and many other symptoms, you may need the 300 dosage. The 150 may not be enough. I would check with your doc too! :grin:

I think the double dosing varies by weight. I am a pretty good sized person at 300 Lbs and 6’5"

2 Likes

I am not getting much relief at the one shot every two weeks dose. Doc wants me to try two every 4 to see if I get any relief at all for at least the first few weeks. I’ll see. If this doesn’t help, Humira is next.

1 Like

I had success for about 4 years on Enbrel but had to stop because of a surgery. I went back to it and it didn’t work. I then tried Humira and It didn’t do well for me. Otezla was the next one It made me really sick and I could not tolerate it. After that my DR. put me on Cosentyx. It took about 5 or 6 weeks on the loading dose to get relief. I then took 300mg one time a month. However I would flare pretty badly about a week or so before my next dose. Now I take 300mg every 3 weeks and it is kind of a miracle medicine for me right now. I truly hope you find what is right for you.

I have been on 300mg of Cosentyx for over three years now. It has worked very well for me but the effects like most drugs stopped working as well after years of treatment. I was just approved for an additional 150mg dose two weeks after my monthly dose and I am again feeling much better. The other medications I also take in conjunction with Cosentyx is Methotrexate 4 x 2.5mg, Folic Acid, Ralivia 300mg extended release and 2400mg Ibuprofen daily.

One of my problems is can’t take NSAIDS. Too many years ago for a blown disc and now my heart attacks up even if I take 500mg. My doc didn’t think much of the 300mg once a month after doing 150 every 2 weeks. I tried it a few months but didn’t seem any better. Doc wants to go back and try Humira. I guess I’ll give that a try for 6 months or so.

Can’t take MTX either, liver numbers are too high.

let s hope weight balance makes a difference in effectiveness, at the mo weigh in at approx 6 ft for about 170 pounds, been given 150g, one syringe, to take once a month, even w gluten sugar free autoimmune diet plus once a week methotrexate shot am feeling worse in the wrist and feel some twinges of pain on my legs again, as well as brain fog pretty serious at times. wonder if medication not ok, who knows?