Brain Fog Anyone?

I used to be very articulate until the brain fog. When I am at my worst I sometimes can’t finish a sentence. I had a wonderful lady who worked for me who used to come to meetings with me. I would give her a look and nod and she would finish my thought. Seemed to get it under control when my PSA is under control. Now I am at a different job, and confided in another coworker that while I am switching meds, brain fog is back. Crazy thing is a can type out my thoughts, but the words don’t make it out of my mouth. It’s very hard as I now have a staff of about 70 to manage. I pause at times when my brain is screaming “Just say it already”. Makes the staff think they did something wrong, which ironically is keeping them on heir toes. Guess I’ll just buy breakfast to make it up.

You sound like you are writing for me.

The old me has been replaced by a forgetful one.

Just be kind on yourself when you are forgetful. I know it is frustrating when you used to be the ‘go to’ person.

nym said:

Major brain fog here. It’s better when i get enough sleep, remember (ha!) to take my B vitamins, and when my PsA is most under control.

I’m the person in this 7 person family who USED TO know where everything was, keep track of everyone’s activities and appointments, keep track of everyone’s assignments, make sure all food items were kept in stock, etc. etc. etc. Now I feel like a complete disaster. My kids know that I lose the ability to communicate sometime between 4 and 6pm, unless I get a nap - LOL! My word retrieval goes down the drain by dinnertime. That’s when I say things like, “Ale… Ali…Cor…who are you??? You know who you are, so You - I need you to get the thing off of the thing. You know, the thing that you use to makes hand motions like this?” Taken from an actual conversation - tonight, as a matter of fact.

crazylady - I have ankylosing spondylitis and have been having MAJOR neck issues lately and the worst migraines of my life. Something I need to discuss with my rheumy at my next appointment. Ugh.