Biologics and skin cancers

One more day, then I get my bandage off my eye! I haven’t heard yet if it is positive for cancer, should find out tomorrow. If it is skin cancer they may have to go in and take more of my eyelid, with MOHS, but hopefully it will be benign.

I am getting blurred vision, and with only one eye, which is usually more blurred it is difficult to do anything. But I am still putzing around in my workshop trying to not cut off any fingers.

Another problem, the 5% humidity has dried out my eyes, especially the one under the patch, I can’t get to it, to put in any drops, it feels like gravel…

ooh ouch. Here’s hoping the day goes by fast for you.

1 Like

Here’s hoping it all goes well for you :grinning:. Love your cats selfie by the way!

Just another 45 minutes to go…

Got my patch off, but have to be careful for the stitches, so I will wear a gaurd at night. No results yet on the biopsy, next week they will get back to me. He said it didn’t matter, as they would have to wait 6 weeks anyway, before they did anything.
Going to be another lovely scar…

Doesn’t look half bad.

1 Like

It truly doesn’t look half bad at all. Onward Jon.

1 Like

You’ll be pleased to have that out of the way!! Looking at your pic I’d guess about 6 weeks or so from now you will hardly notice it, give it 6 months and you’ll have to look really hard to see it at all :smile: He’s done a lovely job by the looks of it!
All the best with getting the biopsy results back!! Do let us know how it goes :sunny:

1 Like

Yes, he did a great job on the lower eyelid, feeling better everyday! Still haven’t got the results from the biopsy, they are supposed to call at some point… I get the stitches out in two days, probably find out then. If positive they will have to do another surgery, probably MOHS after it heals.

Went to the Dermatologist today, have to do more chem burn on my face, but probably would have all these spots anyway, even without biologics, to much “fun in the sun”…

1 Like

Keeping fingers crossed for you that the results come back all clear… I always hate waiting for results of things :blush:

Ahh yes, we probably all had too much “fun in the sun”, back in the days where the dangers were not so recognised as they are now. I’ve been out in the sun a little too much lately too, enjoying the start of summer and getting some gardening done… now have developed what looks like a rash from that, I’m guessing the Mtx may be responsible… will chat to rheumy about it on Friday… not worried about it really, it justn’t doesn’t look too pretty lol

Best of luck for a speedy and complete recovery!!! :sunny:

1 Like

Yes, MTX will increase your UV sensitivity, need to put the sunscreen on every 2 hours… I use UV protecting clothes, and a good clear zinc sunscreen on my face, but mostly I just come out at night… it was in the 80’s today in
San Diego, beautiful day…

1 Like

So went to get my stitches out, turns out the results were “extreme inflammation”, but my Surgeon is going to keep and eye on it, he said that there is one skin cancer that imitates inflammation.

Has anyone had this? I wonder if it is related to all the other extreme inflammation areas? I think someone here mentioned having a similar result?

He took out most of the stitches, but left tow for another week, the part closest to the eye were not healed all the way.

So good news, I really didn’t want to go through the surgery again…

1 Like

That’s very good news. Especially no further surgery being looked at.

Awesome news @Jon_sparky… no more surgery for you :smile:

I seem to remember mentioning earlier about a wee piece I had taken off my lower lip (1999), the results on that came back as inflammation of unknown origin… interesting that this piece of yours has come back as inflammation too… does have me wondering if it might be another sign of PsA or some other autoimmune issue.

Oh, by the way, the rheumys don’t think my current rash is from Mtx, so it’s a wait and see approach with it for now, if it doesn’t clear itself up it’ll be off the dermatologist for an opinion there… I hope it doesn’t come to that… getting fed up with sitting in hospital/doctors waiting rooms :laughing:

And we are now adding leflunomide to the mix to see if that helps with anything at all, am keeping fingers crossed :slight_smile:

All the best with healing from the op!!! Here’s hoping it’s the last time you’ll need to worry about that little piece!! :smile:

1 Like

Could be related, I have had inflammation in that eye, my previous opthomolgist just gave me eye drops and sent me home. After all, inflammation is our calling card!

My Dermatologist wanted to take a biopsy of my nose, next to a previous squimus cell area that was surgically removed a couple of years ago, I told her I have had enough biopsies for this year! We are going to try the chemical burn first…

Hope they find out what is causing your rash, no one likes rashes…

1 Like

Good luck with chemical burn, here’s hoping that sorts out that spot… No one really likes surgery of any description I’m sure!!

I’m sure the rash will sort itself out in time, it’s not so bad, just not very pretty lol… I’ll try to stay out of the sun for the next few days (should be easy as we are supposed to get some much needed rain anyway lol) and if not I’ll try to remember to throw on some sun screen… I know I’ve got some here somewhere lol

All the best with your skin issues, I really do hope they all turn out to be easy to sort :sunny:

1 Like

Fabulous news! Well done Jon.

1 Like

I had a follow up appointment at 10 am to get the stitches out, I was also combining the trip, by taking a friend to a appointment at 11am, thought it would be in and out, zip zip with the stitches, well the doctor was running over an hour behind! So I asked if I could come back at 12pm, they agreed. So then my friend was tied up at his appointment, so I left him there, and raced back to La Jolla, which is over a 1/2 hour away, with noon hour traffic, I was just nearing my off ramp when the Toyota Sienna threw the serpentine belt, (this is the rubber band that does everything, alternator, water pump air conditioning, etc. All the lights came on! I managed to limp into the parking structure, and went to the appointment, it was another hour wait. Then I had to try and get the towing service , I finally got the van towed back to the dealer, it was 7:30 when I got home. Been a long day! These kind of things set off flares…
My friend had to get a ride home from someone else. This could hae all been prevented if the doctor had just been on time! But maybe I was supposed to drive off a cliff or something?
But everything is healing fine, and it is just “severe inflammation” whatever that is…

Oh, gosh, that certainly does make for a long and stressful day, I’m so sorry to hear it wasn’t more plain sailing than that :frowning:

Glad to hear though, that the results are back as inflammation, surely that has to be better than anything cancerous (I would think anyway)… if it helps any, I can say that the piece of “inflammation” I had taken off my lip, back in 1999, has only once or twice flared up a little, just enough to be noticeable and cleared quickly, since the surgery… I’m hoping it continues to stay mostly quiet now…

Interesting that we both have had “little bits” removed that have tested to be “inflammation”, I wonder how many other PsA have had similar… perhaps it is one of the many and varied presentations of PsA… I have no idea.

All the best for a quick recovery… and for getting your van sorted too… always a worry when vehicles pack a sad.

Damn what a day… I hope you can get good rest now to recover from that! I’m glad it’s healing fine!

1 Like