Big dent in right lower back?

Hi everyone, still waiting to c rhumy, but this morning i got up n found a big dent in the lower right side of my back, pain is still bad, but i wouldnt say its worse, anyone have any input as to what this is, thank you!

My only thought is swelling making it look like there is a big dent. When my hands swell (all the time lately), I get what look like big dents in various places, but it's just areas of normal tissue within the swollen areas.

I was thinking the same, thank u for the reply :slight_smile: dont know whether to go to clinic or wait it out??

hello the last time I saw my doc I showed him the one that has developed on my upper left arm mine is from muscle loss he tells me I have one also on the left side of my buttocks that I know was never there either it does not look like a dimple either more like a crater lol.worried me before I had my appointment with the rheum I even asked the question on here about dents that develop has anyone had this happen to them .have a great day god bless

Have you had any type of shots in that area? I had a shot in my leg once and same thing. Dr. was shocked that my muscle had atrophied from it. The only way I was able to get rid of it was to build the muscle back up.

Good Luck.
howdydoodee said:

hello the last time I saw my doc I showed him the one that has developed on my upper left arm mine is from muscle loss he tells me I have one also on the left side of my buttocks that I know was never there either it does not look like a dimple either more like a crater lol.worried me before I had my appointment with the rheum I even asked the question on here about dents that develop has anyone had this happen to them .have a great day god bless

I did have 2 shots the 1st time i went to rhumy and from what ive read online i figure the shot caused the dent, apparently it makes the fat dissapear,thank u all for ur comments :slight_smile: