Back pain

Does anyone have upper back pain? I have arthritis in my right shoulder and lower back. I am on humera and several pain meds. But this upper back pain is killing me. Does anyone have suggestions?

Interesting that you just posted this. This upper back pain has been bothering me for quite some time now. Saw my rheumy on Tuesday. He has me seeing an Orthopod to determine if I have arthritis in my upper spine, or if the pain is due to degenerating disks. Just more fun stuff to add to a growing list. Is your pain located between your shoulder blades near your spine?

Yep, I get upper back pain and have done for the last few months. I find my heat pad is the only thing that soothes it for a while…at night i feel like I’m laying on a marble or two…very annoying! Had MRIs done of my whole spine the end of Dec, so we shall see what’s what next time I see the doc

C 6-7 and L 4-5 are the hot spots in ANYONES spine. Sadly about the only thing that does help for the C 6-7 is some pretty aggresive PT. They attempt the same stabilization (for either discs or arthritis) with surgery when it get VERY extreme but it only works half the time and only a short time when it does. (There is a time and place for surgery)

It may be directly related to PsA OR NOT. We are not immune to OA and age or injury, we can aggravate problems because of some of the things we do (posture sleeping positions etc) That is why it is so critical to exercise and develop core strength. It hurst but NOT doing it hurts more.

Thanks for everyones replies, yes it Does hurt at my shoulder blades. It drives my crazy. I will have sharp pains but when i try to get up it feels like someone is on top of me holding me down. Hurts so bad. I will see my rheumy in february to discuss the humera. Not working.