Back on MTX

Ok sports fans,

Heres the deal...

After taking MTX for three months and while my blood tests were fine, at least thats what my doc said as I did not see them. I really got in bad shape, the fatigue and malaise literally put me down.

We stopped the MTX in August and took one month to get back on my feet again. Since then the PsA syptoms are creeping back inch by inch and felt I was at a cross road, so I called my doc asking to be put back on them and he agreed. He also pressures me to return to work.

Now, I'm the type that will push my self way to far, did so the first round. I guess what I'm asking is, at what point should I call it quits, my doc is one of those that prescribes and forgets the damage imo.

This is bothering more than just feeling bad as I'm currently on a LOA from work and I know I can not work if I go back to the way I was on MTX. Even on MTX the PsA was not under control enough to work eight hours, mostly walking, going upstairs to my office many times a night and tons of stress.

What does one say or do? In three weeks my 90 days are up and its either go back to work and I truly feel I will not make it, I have tried test runs at home to see how I would hold up and failed horribly. Or I go for disability(insurence provided by employer which may require a visit to their doctor).

Its scary reading about disiabilty and getting on it and thats a real issue. Addtionly my employer knows I have PsA and worry about the old return and then terminate factor.

Thoughts?

I feel for you lastshooter: I had to make the decision in May. I had reduced my hours from full time to 2 days a week and was still struggling terribly for 2 years. I do know applying for long term disability from my employer was easy but they require me to apply for SSI which I hear is difficult and may get turned down in which case the insurance company that payes my employer's disability insurance will provide help to resubmit and get it on the second try. I wish you luck in making your decision, I know it was the right decision for me but but I had much anguish in deciding. I am sending you hugs and prayers.